Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bob Demello took care of my problem
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamestwo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Bob Demello took care of my problem Reply with quote

In April I ordered a crank, flywheel and rods from PSD Performance. The ad Clearly stated the rods come with real ARP 2000 bolts.

I talked to Chris when I ordered, he said the crank should ship in two to three weeks. Cool.

It took 2 months to finally get the parts. When I recieved them, the rods were the wrong part. Bob Demello called and apologized. I said fine, no problem, everyone makes mistakes.

Bob Demelo then sent me the correct rods. When I recieved them, they had a no name 8740 rod bolt in them. Again, there ad clearly states that the rods come with ARP-2000 bolts.

I know of three cases were the no name 8740 rod bolts have broken, and I was not willing to risk running them in my motor.

I called and emailed Chris several times. He will not return my calls.

I would not reccomend PSD Performance or the Demello rods.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=254033

New Demello 4340 Chromolly Crankshafts - $265
Here are the first Demello 4340 Chromolly crankshafts available. They are imported by Demello and Quality inspected so you know you get a crankshaft that's correct out of the box. Why buy a new chromolly crankshaft from a company that does not even specialize in crankshaft work? That not even takes them out of the box to hang a micrometer on the journals to see what you've got?
These crankshaft are as follows 4340 Chromolly. Not the 4140 cheap junk!

84mm v.w rod jounals $265
82mm v.w rod journals$265
78mm v.w rod journals$255

All available in chevy rod journals as well
New H-Beam rods available as well VW or Chevy sizes as well. $250 w/arp2000 bolts
New 4340 chromolly flywheels 12.5 lbs $85
Wedgemating add $185
Call or email for cranks rod and flywheel combo's. Balancing at no extra charge
a $85 value!!! on crank rod flywheel assemblies. Engine assembly available just ask.
Shipping anywhere in the usa cheap!
jamestwo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Demello said he would ship correct bolts.
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

250.00 it quite high for H-Beam rods even if they did have ARP 2000 bolts...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: