Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon Gas Tank Reseal Kit - Need mechanic to install it
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdbs3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Vanagon Gas Tank Reseal Kit - Need mechanic to install it Reply with quote

1990 Vanagon GL

I've read the various notes in the forum on Vanagon gas tank leaks, and the kit you buy to fix it. I plan to purchase the kit in the next day or so.

While this kit *may* have all the parts needed, I would like to have someone who knows Vanagons work on the Van in case there are additional parts needed.

So, I am looking for recommendations for a good VW mechanic to install it. I live in the Nashua, NH area, but am willing to travel 50 - 75+ miles to have an experienced Vanagon mechanic do the job.

Any recommendations, including phone numbers?

thanks
mkriley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got done doing it and did not have to jack it up on a 85.
a 91will have a slightly diff. filler neck

mike

instructions
http://www.vanagain.com/gastank1.htm

diagram
http://home.fuse.net/mkriley/tank.jpeg

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
outwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered this kit a few months ago from Van-Cafe. Paid $70 for it. I will let it go for $45+ shipping as I no longer need it. This kit includes the crossover tube unlike some kits I've seen. Just thought I would let you know before I post it in the classifieds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kevinbassplayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: gas tank reseal Reply with quote

although the job of dropping the tank sucks, it really is not that difficult. The Bentley manual has as good diagram of what goes where. Removing the gas tank on a vanagon is a right of passage that all owners should experience! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: