Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Powdercoat/paint question (wheels)
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Powdercoat/paint question (wheels) Reply with quote

I've read in this forum about powdercoated wheels causing the lugs to loosen and back-out. It's been suggested that the p/c be chipped away from the lug-contact area to prevent this from occuring. So, my question is; If the wheels have been powdercoated, then over-painted with glasurit line 22 s/s, do I still need to chip away the paint?. I don't remember reading that normally painted wheels have this problem, or that the paint should be removed (lug contact area). Any thoughts?. Thanks, Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to bare metal on the lug contact area. your bus will thank you for it!
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, thats my thoughts. Anyone else?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shawn rogers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to strip the PC off the seating area of the lugs on the wheels used on race cars. Metal to metal has a bite that you will not get with PC that is actually pliable.
67 Westy SBS #67
There is but one rule, what man can do and what man cannot.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn rogers wrote:
We used to strip the PC off the seating area of the lugs on the wheels used on race cars. Metal to metal has a bite that you will not get with PC that is actually pliable.
Done. Thanks, Dave
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: