Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mold
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Mold Reply with quote

Problem 1 - I have mold growing on the wood on the inside of the cabinets in my westy

Problem 2 - There is also mold growing on the poptop. (it is on the inside of the roof on the felt like top.)

How the heck can I remedy this quickly, efficiently and without ruining my camper?
sweetbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Mold Reply with quote

try using a bleach/whater mix in a spray bottle, it worked great on my head liner. just be sure to give it time to air out
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Mold Reply with quote

I thought about bleach and water, but the headliner in the poptop part is beige and i'm afraid that it will ruin the color.
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:30 am    Post subject: Mold Reply with quote

Yes it will ruin the canvas poptop tent. I learned that one the hard way, with a brand new canvas! If you bleach the outside of the roof (like I did) that the seals are all good and none of the bleach will seep in. that's what happened to me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Mold Reply with quote

X-14 should work good on the inside of the cabinets but be careful - it is a bleach type product and needs plenty of ventilation. It's OK on vinyl but I wouldn't use it on the cloth.
VW_Buggsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Mold Reply with quote

HA! Finally something I can help with. Go to your local pool supply store and buy a quality algaecide. figure out the ratio used in pools of water to chemical, and downscale that to a reasonable amount (probably a few drops). Test in an inconspicuous area or on a test piece of fabric (this is important). This should kill it and help prevent it from coming back. There are also commercial fungicides at Home Depot and Lowe's that may work for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Mold Reply with quote

There's a product called Star-bright available at some marine stores it seems to eat the mildew although the fumes would choke a horse have lots of ventilation
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: