Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

jeremyrockjock - Bus tow bars - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: jeremyrockjock
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremyrockjock wrote:
buggybus wrote:
I bought one. The first time I tried to use it, it didn't fit over the axle and had to be sepated a little, but no big deal. The second time I used it as we turned a corner it broke where the two arms become one. Tow vehicle went one way the bus went another, big problem. I wrote to you about the problem but never got a reply. Needless to say I'm not to happy.

I'm sorry to hear that. This is the first I have heard about it. Did you try to call my home # or email me directly? Did you unlock the steering lock when towing? I sent you a PM. I would like more info.

I replaced the tow bar free of charge even though I am unsure it was one of mine in the first place. I guess he is happy with the second one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dieselnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a towbar from Jeremy about a year and a half ago. It's money well spent. Have used it a lot - including a couple of 2000 mile tows. No problems. FYI - bus has worked on everything from a '56 wolfsburg bus to a '69 baywindow westy. Does not appear to work on a barndoor however.
steponmebbbboom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are these worth?
tonguetwiztid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Interested in getting info on purchasing a tow bar Reply with quote

I have a 70 Westy and need to tow it from NY to Alexandria, VA where I live now. How much do your bars run? What differant types do you manufacture? PM me and let me know. Thanks alot!
-Shane

LONG LIVE THE AIRCOOLED VW!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and have sung your praises around here and sent business your way. Matter of fact I just had someone contact me today asking where to get the tow bar so you should be getting another order here soon.
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggybus wrote:
Yes and have sung your praises around here and sent business your way. Matter of fact I just had someone contact me today asking where to get the tow bar so you should be getting another order here soon.

I appreciate it man. Wink

I have built approx 120 tow bars in the past 2 1/2 years. I have been down for a while without a shop but will be back in business in a week or two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy this Tow Bar. I purchased mine ~2 years ago. I use it to tow my 71 bus behind my motorhome. Jeremey was very responsive to all my inquiries. [even when I asked some really stupid questions] I have probably towed my bus ~3,000 miles with the tow bar and have had absolutely no problems. It is bulky and heavy but if you want to know that your bus is secure then none of that matters. It takes me about 5 minutes to secure with no help.
dieselnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And his bumpers kick ass too!
Tri-Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Towed from St Pete FL to Wilmington NC Reply with quote

I bought one of these bars and they are great, i had to tow my Westy from St Petersburg, FL to Wilmington NC a trip that took a good 12 - 13 hours( tropical "wave" rains and winds slowed it down).

I was really happy with the easy of instalation and flexibility in the design. This is a great addition to any VW parts / tools collection, It looks to have been built heavier duty and higher quality then my beetle tow bar

A VW team with a triathlon problem, or something like that....
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought a towbar from Jeremy (yet), but he did replicate the hard-to-find turn signal clip for Bay Window Busses for me. I loaned him the one I had as a pattern, and he made a copy for himself and some extras for me. The duplicate is spot on, and if any Bay owner needs one, hit up Jeremy for a replacement clip.
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm i have one of his towbars he sent me, and I was towing my 23 window bus at 90 mph with no safty chain, and well um, I HAD NO PROBLEMS. Great bar, love how it collapes(how ever you spell it)

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58doubledoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great product at a great price... Thanks Jeremy
FUGuzzi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Jeremy's tow bar as a prerequisite to purchasing a baywindow roller. I towed it home 500 miles from OH to VA without any problems.

Yesterday, I picked up an engine/tranny in a rustbucket and towed it home with Jeremy's towbar 300 miles. Again, no problems whatsoever. As someone else has said, you do have to unbolt the steering damper, and you do have to disengage the steering wheel lock (I had to practically destroy the steering column unfortunately... no keys)

I also got the two-piece tow bar. Worth the extra money if for no other reason than the beefed-up gussetting, plus ease of storage is a bonus.

The only thing you need is an $8 safety chain from Tractor Supply and you're set. My tow bar has paid itself off already with two uses. Highly recommended.
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well blew up my motor on a road trip, So I pulled out my collapsible tow bar and towed it the next 700 miles, NO PROBS once again, thanx Jeremy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

p.s. with no safty chains again, OOPS, or as my wife just said towing lights

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wunderbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any pics or info on the tow bars? Thanks
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been here?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=jeremyrockjock
vwbus66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Tow Bar Reply with quote

It looks like you have some good feedback here! I am thinking about purchasing one of the tow bars because I have to switch out the engine on my 66 Bus. I am not very mechanical so it is a bit intimidating to me to have to remove the dampener screw. Anybody have info on how to do this or have a link that shows this? Also, do you have any made right now? What is the turn around time if I decide I want to order? I am getting the work done on my Bus next monday the 11th.

Dan
VW Bus 66
sbairboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: clearance of the booster Reply with quote

have the issues with the clearance on booster busses been figured out yet...thats my only issue...looking to get one, but want to make sure i can make it work...i have a '75 westy and it looks like the booster might be an issue
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: clearance of the booster Reply with quote

sbairboy wrote:
have the issues with the clearance on booster busses been figured out yet...thats my only issue...looking to get one, but want to make sure i can make it work...i have a '75 westy and it looks like the booster might be an issue

I have never had a problem with the booster. Its is a tight fit but it does work.
edcheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Bus Bar Reply with quote

Well... I bought one of these and I gotta tell ya. it was definately worth it
It works great and it was shipped very fast..
thank you
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: