Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nice center console cooler, warmer, cupholder for Vanagon
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Nice center console cooler, warmer, cupholder for Vanagon Reply with quote

Having owned my Westy for about 7 months now, I have been looking for a nice center console that I could have for holding drinks and storing doo-dads, etc... I have some Mug Buoys connected to the lower center dash for drinks but they do not do well for big gulps. So, stumbled across this today at Kmart for around $60. Made by Rally, and it is a nice cooler, warmer, cup holder that fits nicely between the captains chairs of my Westy. Color is grey and black so it matches the interior of my late 80s carpet, and is rugged looking so it goes with that whole Syncro tuff theme. This plugs into the 12v plug so it keeps drinks cold, or can be used to keep food warm, and the front has two cup holders. It is slick looking and also does not interfere with the captains chairs swiveling. Thought I would share with those that maybe are looking for something like this. This unit even has it's own battery so you can take it with you and it keeps things warm or cold while it is unplugged from 12V. Cool!

tj

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DeMinimis
I Eat Glue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many 12 once bottles of beer can it hold (micro brews)?

'78 SB CEII In Progress.
thenomad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice floor mats! My Westy (87) came with nasty carpet mats and I'm looking to replace them with rubber mats.

Are they OEM? Any suggestions where I might be able to find a set?
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeMinimis wrote:
How many 12 once bottles of beer can it hold (micro brews)?

Don't know... have not tried that yet. Laughing

I think the box said it can hold a 12 pack of cans, not bottles. So, maybe 6 bottles. Though, you should not be drinking when you a driv'n. Shocked

tj
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
backcountrymedic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amishman-

I dig that cooler/warmer! Any chance you can post the model number? No Kmarts around here, and would love to track it down. Also, how 'bout some pics with different angles? Cup holders?

Thanks!
-Jared

Sector 9 longboard
Kona Kikapu Deluxe MTB
Novarra Big Buzz
Electra Cruiser
'01 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenomad wrote:
Nice floor mats! My Westy (87) came with nasty carpet mats and I'm looking to replace them with rubber mats.

Are they OEM? Any suggestions where I might be able to find a set?

They are hard to find. I do not believe they were OEM. They cost me a whopping $150 delivered on eBay. They pop up once in a while on eBay. The two I have seen and bid on, ended up selling for around $150 when all was said and done.

I have not found any dealers that sell these so I think they are hard to find. My set were in real nice condition. I should roll them up and store when not in use but I am the kind that likes to use stuff and not the hanging on the wall of the quilt but should be used to keep me warm kind of thing.

Hope they last for some time!

tj
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backcountrymedic wrote:
Amishman-

I dig that cooler/warmer! Any chance you can post the model number? No Kmarts around here, and would love to track it down. Also, how 'bout some pics with different angles? Cup holders?

Thanks!
-Jared

Rally Manufacturing, Inc.
800-227-2559
No. 7510
Heavy Duty 12 Volt DC Travel Cooler
Rechargeable

I have a couple more pictures from different angles. PM me your real email address and I will email them to you.

tj
EXITSTRATEGY
Samba Member

Location: rolling thunder river company, nantahalla gorge. NC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice piece of equipment. thanks for posting.

gets in the way of walking thru tho.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXITSTRATEGY wrote:
nice piece of equipment. thanks for posting.

gets in the way of walking thru tho.

It is not bolted down and very lite so just move it when needed. It has a heavy rubber bottom that kinda grabs the carpet so at this time, I do not plan on locking it down anywhere. If I find it slides around, I will come up with a way to easily lock it down.

That is the plan.

tj
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: