Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Luggage Rack-Hard top owners
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricco5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Luggage Rack-Hard top owners Reply with quote

I am a Thing owner with an orriginal luggage rack.
This question is for all the hard top owners out there.
If I was able to find a way to get original luggage racks from the 73,74 thing would owners be willing to purchase them at a resonable price ?
Let me know.
I may be able to get about 50 original racks,
and need to know what you all would be willing to pay.
I have investigated this and so far the cheepest price I am able to get an almost perfect on is $350.00/
but that is because there are so few around.
Write in your questions and I will try and get an answer.
The luggage rack I have is great and in very good condition.I just got the corner pieces re-chroamed, and that costed me $50 each corner.I added stainless set screws.
all in all the rack costed me to repair almost $350.
What do you think.
Enjoy your Things and have much success
Sal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ricco5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Luggage Rack-Hard top owners Reply with quote

ok
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bajio181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Luggage Rack-Hard top owners Reply with quote

dude, not "ok", 350's alotta cash,, ill give ya 175 tops
ricco5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Luggage Rack-Hard top owners Reply with quote

DUDE,
If you don`t want it turn the page.
a new one cannot be found. the original luggage racks are very rare.
You can't afford it ?
Sorry
That is the price.
Sal
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Luggage Rack-Hard top owners Reply with quote

if you don't mind me asking where in the world would you find 50 original racks? Also if you wanted to get rid of them then truck them around to all the big Thing specific shows during the summer and such...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: