Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Great Canadian VW Show 2006
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottcollins72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: The Great Canadian VW Show 2006 Reply with quote

Hey folks haven't posted in a while so this may be a long one. Entered the GCVWS this year and we had a blast. Won 50 bucks to CIP so that was really cool. Thinking about posting a bit of a suggestion to the powers that be at the show though. I found it odd that they loped all the vanagons into the same category along with Eurovans. Not that it mattered though no euros showed up. Question Anyways, the guy with the $30,000 dollar syncro with the get-away van top won best in category. I'm not complaining I just found it odd that all the vanagons no matter what year or type were all in the same grouping. I was the only aircooled there except for in the sellers area. Anyways, for some reason I didn't get any pics of the vanagons that were there but I got some cool shots of some interesting parts of the show. This car is flippin' hilarious.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The guy who thought this up is really quite funny. I had a pretty good laugh about it. Laughing
These little guys were everywhere. One of these days somebody should make a vanagon version.

This one's a little off topic but is was one hell of a nice looking bug

I want one of these just for the sheer cool factor.

Anyhoo.... Just got back from a 5 day trip up to Okanagan Lake. Awesome time. Worst part was climbing the hill up to the toll booth. 40kph the whole way in 2nd. Not taking the coquihalla with the van again any time soon. Took the crowsnest back much nicer ride. Far more scenic. I've got some pics that I'll post later. And now I'm stuck into ripping out all the cabinets and panelling behind them to replace them with my trusty plastic. Unfortunately all of the pics I took of taking it apart are too high a resolution to post so I'll have to just take during and after photos. No before. While everything's out, I'm having my fridge completely refurbished, Getting my stove all cleaned up and ready to burn for the first time since I've owned it, cleaning all the cabinetry, (25 years of dirt and grime ugh Confused ) and attempting to get my propane tank refurbished and recertified by Superior Propane. I'll take and post pics as I get to them.

Cheers
Scott.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: