Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newb to bays
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firecrusader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Newb to bays Reply with quote

Hello, been doing a fair amount of reading on the bays. I am thinking of purchasing one.... Dont tell my friends... Laughing . After serious thought on the prices of the splits, what else can I do.

Anyways, heres my question. I tried a search and couldnt find the answer.
Do certain bays have the side chrome trim molding, or is that a custom thing. I have seen a few pics of some lowered bays with trim, but not a whole heck of a lot of stock ones. Just wondering if certain years, or models had them. And if so, do the standard bay bus places sell them, or is there a certain shop that exclusively does it.

One last thing, what is the concenses of the group on the trim. Good or bad, or "who cares"

Thanks ahead of time for the help. I am sure I will be back in this forum again.
djdh68dlux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Deluxe's have the beltline trim. I guess the deluxe bays aren't as popular as the campers so you don't tend to see them as often. Personally, I like the trim. Oh and the only place I've seen make repro's of it is ISP West.

Looking for a VW club in Southern California? Check out Inland Valley Volkswagens: www.ivvw.org
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campers were usually built on standard buses, while most of the non-camper buses exported to the US were Deluxes. The trim was a Deluxe thing. Just enough deluxes were made into campers and standard station wagons were imported to confuse the issue! Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: