Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finding Front Bleeder Valves for 84
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tikibus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Finding Front Bleeder Valves for 84 Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a 1984 Westy that is need of replacing both Upper and Lower Bleeder valves on the front calipers. I've looked around and can't find any. Does any one know where to find them?

To help, the Westy was delivered to a VW dealership on 5/30/84 in MA. I do not know if I have ATE or Girling Front Calipers. I hope the date can narrow the choices. I think the calipers are original, but I am not sure, since no past records show any repairing. The previous owners kept almost every receipt and repair bill from 1984. I purchased the Van in Sept 05 and Honeymooned in the fall. Still in Love but reality has set in ( for you married ones out there, you know.)

I've been quietly reading the posts and want to thank everyone for the information on how to keep a Vanagon running. This site a valuable tool for those who seek knowledge and who want or who are willing to repair their Vans themselves. I've spent this entire summer repairing 10+ years of neglect using what I've learned so far from this site ( and a fellow Syncro Owner near by) and will keep on learning. I will try to post more what I have incountered in the quest to keep TIKI truckin' down the road.
Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Mark

1984 Westfalia
1997 Honda
mightyart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a basic 7mm bleed screw, call around the local auto places It's a common part.
Getting the old ones out might be harder than finding new ones.
tikibus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mightyart,

I'll pull one out and go down to the local parts store tonight. Then Bleed the entire system. Replaced all the Hard and Soft lines last weekend. No fun.

Regards,
Mark
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: