Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kombi camper?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Kombi camper? Reply with quote

My kombi was devoid of interior/seats in the cargo area when I got it, but it did have a rear matress pad and the floor had a hole by the cargo door for an icebox drain. The M-codes say that it was just a kombi. Many kombis were camperized by aftermarket companies. How do I find out which company did my bus? I want to refit/repro the camper interior. My bus had the two cheesy brackets on the roof like a Sundial, but no Sundial tag on the bus. Did Sundials have a body tag? There is also some holes (for a badge?) on the body below the rear hatch and above the decklid. Please help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is your Bus?

I have a really complete Kombi that was converted to a camper at the dealership. It's tough to tell some of the early conversions apart. Mine was all complete but had not manufacture tags. Here is a link to some pictures of it to help you.

Is your intent to restore it as a camper?

http://karmannghias.org/64Bus.htm
Gina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: holy crap Reply with quote

Jeffl------------those are some great pics. I enjoyed the photos and plan to use them to show my husband ideas so he can master his woodwork skills. Thanks.
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: restore Reply with quote

I plan to recreate or replace what was in the bus if I can find out what was in there in the first place. It is a 1967 "on the run" Oct/Nov 1966 production (early '67).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: EZ camper? Reply with quote

Could it be an EZ camper? Was there a camper that had a full pad in the back with a cut out for the gas filler neck buldge?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: