Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flintstone braking
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
westcoastbullies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Flintstone braking Reply with quote

quick post before boss shows up.
..my daily driver (60crewcab) brakes have been giving me some problems...the pedal has normal travel and feels firm/soft until the brakes apply..then there feels to be no "friction" , the harder you push the faster you stop? it can stop on a dime, but needs the leg muscle of the hulk to do so...inspected shoes and cylinders, everything was ok......maybe master? any help would be appreciated

its to the point where the wife wont go near it..maybe thats good
Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely check the master cylinder. Make sure all the lines are clear. Can't think of what else to check off the top of my head.

And where exactly is the srotum (scrotum) of the bay area?

-NCR

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorCalRiviera wrote:

And where exactly is the srotum (scrotum) of the bay area?

-NCR

I was thinking the same thing? I assumed San Jose. J/K I know this isn't the Rants.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

split buses do require a bit of leg muscle to stop.
Bentley manual has procedure _i think_ for adjusting master cylinder
I am also told that the rubber flex lines will swell up inside which causes the internal diameter to shrink. This makes it harder for fluid to travel
good luck
let us know how it turns out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sunroof, I resemble that remark. That's my hometown you dissin' there. Wink I always figured it was Alviso. If you haven't heard of it, google search it.

-NCR

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would change the rubber flexy lines, cheep and an easy job. Laughing
(06:31:07) RoachGhia: "i drink dick way too fast"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westcoastbullies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BINGO!!... the left rear was swollin with almost no fluid passage, r&ring all of them...thanks for the helpful info.........sometimes all it takes is someone not frustrated at the situation.

ps scrotum of the bay, san leandro..i live across the pulluted water from the nerve racking airport and downwind from the dumps, its what the scrotum must feel like.... and armpit was already taken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: