Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Suprise!
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: Suprise! Reply with quote

After reading someones adventure with rats being in their cooling tin, it reminded me of a story about when I first got my bus.

I went to Eastern Washington to do a job with my boss and ended up taking my bus so that I had somewhere to sleep. Well on the way back down the mountain on the way home, I saw a few little peices of what appeared to be cotton fly out from the vent on top of the dash. A few peices here and then a few more peices there. Soon about halfway down the mountain it was litterally like a full blown snow storm of little peices of feathers and cotton type material flying around in my bus and shooting out all the vents. I pulled over at the Ranger station at the bottom of the mountain, and pulled out some more cotton type stuff and feathers from the ducts. I sat there wondering what the hell it was. First thought was that a bird was stuck in my heater ducts. I sat there and listened and heard this little noise running back and forth in the tube that runs underneath the bus(to take heat from the heater boxes to the front of the cab). He was screaming for his life and since I had no tools and was fairly new to VW's, I had to leave him in there and figured however he got in, he would find his way out. Boy was I ever wrong. About a week later a smell strated to arise and got drastically worse. I knew that my little buddy never made it out alive. Eventually the smell went away and I forgot about it.
I would say about two maybe three month's later I am driving home from my buddies house one summer night and I am going up a hill with the floor vents on. Out of the corner of my eye I see something get spit onto the floor. Low and behold it was my little buddy. Shocked :-&
nik
2Lo4FatHo's
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was ridin in my car one day(sorry, it was my acura, not my beetle)...anyway i saw a big frog in th floor and by the time i pulled over, it was gone. never found it, but i think it went under the carpet where the plug for the seatbelt light wire comes out b/c it smelled under the seat for a few months.
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats funny Nik. I had a bee come out of the heat tube under the back seat once. I could hear a buzzing sound and I was looking for it. Moved the flapper on the tube and out comes a bee! Not a regular bee, One of those mutant bee's that look like a golf ball with wings! The ones that you wonder how they can even fly because they are so fat! Freaked the shit out of me! Shocked

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6d7vdub
Samba Slacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two...
1. buddy of mine long ago had a car that a mouse crawled into his heater vents, died, and stunk the car up so bad, he ended up trading it in.
2. cruisin with a friend waaay back when i was in high school riding shotgun in his chevy citation, no grill....a bird flys down in front of us, buddy speads up thinking bird will fly out of our way. Wrong.....into the fan and all over the bloody place...literally. It was fukkin nasty.

Sadie's Site

http://positivepause.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: