Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Revolks and Jeff Hamilton
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
97gase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
97gase wrote:

We gave $800 dollars and got a receipt and a forged bill of sale.

Jeff wrote:
"Forged bill of sale..." ?
What?
I dunno what this is supposed to mean?
Stephen was given a receipt that said reVOLKS had received $800 cash for the car he purchased. The title that is later-on in this email said to be forged also was the original title in the original owner's name that showed the original purchase price of $500 (I think it said $500, I forget now).

The bill of sale was forged Jeff, not the title. I saw Nadine sign somebody elses name to it. We ask about that and she said that they have done this before and it had worked out. Well I won't accept that again. The title was only given to us much later.

Yes I agree that the car as it was, wasn't what we wanted, but Jeff contacted the owner of the car and they would sell it to us and Jeff would make it what we wanted. Jeff said at his shop that $2500 would be no problem to get it going. I understand that more was found lacking and it did require more cost. I'm OK with that.

Now when it came time to start paying Jeff discussed different methods with us in e-mails and phone calls and we responded promptly by visiting his shop with the payment.

We would get an invoice and then promptly get him money. There was a lapse a one point after we had made a few payments, as we were approaching the $2500 that was agreed on as our budget, that we didn't hear from Jeff for a couple weeks. When I got in touch he said on the phone that it was almost done and he would just send another invoice as before. When the invoice got to us it brought the total project cost over $3000. We had ask him to let us know at $2500 which he did not.

Jeff Wrote:
Quote:
It took almost three weeks and a few phone calls for those tins to be returned...

We discussed the tins several times and he wasn't ready for them for three weeks and couldn't have used them until then anyway as he was working on things other than our engine.

Jeff Wrote:
Quote:
So I dunno where "3 hours tops..." comes from?

THis came from a phone call that happened after you had already reassembled the engine to the point that you were ready to install it.

Hey Jeff what is on my last invoice where you charged me for 17 hours to "work on the carbs?"

Jeff wrote:
Quote:
I would never advise anyone to tow a Vdub by it's bumper with a rope. I wouldn't advise towing ANYTHING by a rope or attached to any automobile bumper. reVOLKS has tow bars for T1's and a trailer for T2's and T3's but it was not available then

You specifically offered to tow it by using a rope the next day.

Jeff Wrote:
Quote:
you were told to bring a trailer given this issue and you said you didn't think you could get one...

That last day you said it would be fine to drive it home as long as I changed the oil soon and did more carb work.

Jeff wrote:
Quote:
You accepted the camshaft, lifters, bearings, pistons and cylinders and seals.

These parts were accepted based on your professional experience saying they were ok. The cam, lifters, seals, pistons, and cylinders were all replaced by you anyway.

Jeff Wrote:
Quote:
I later appologised for being asleep when you called and corrected myself over what had been done on your car.
This came much later after you again denied splitting the case.

Jeff wrote:
Quote:
She didn't even know "Jodeen" was a teacher.

Then why did she attack the two specific professions that my wife and I work in. Even if she is a good guesser, she has no clue about what teachers do.

The trailer that you speak of me using for the extra parts cars I got was borrowed and was later destroyed in an accident. The engine was taken to a different shop, only after it was in small enough peices to transport in the back seat of my car. I would have brought it to you if
1. I trusted you to fix it after you didn't do it right to begin with.
2. Although you graciously offered a free diagnosis, you wouldn't tell me what work of yours you would stand behind, but you gave a list of stuff that you definately wouldn't stand behind. All of which pertain to an engine being locked up as mine was. You had previously inspected the bearings and told me they were fine. I trusted your expert experience and then one locked up but you wouldn't stand behind them.
3. After getting nowhere with Revolks I pulled the motor myself and took it to a shop that respects me.

You told me to change the oil when I go the car home which I did several times. You also said that you had just changed the oil and it would be fine to drive it home. I stopped the car imediately after it started losing power and changed the oil twice, changed the fuel pump, and rebuilt the carbs all before driving it again at which time it locked up from you not properly installing the oil pickup tube.

I have had businesses come to my house to help with "hobbies" and when I was doing a bicycle business, I made house calls. You should respect the "hobbiest" as the people like Tim with the black oval and boats of cash are few between. The hobbiests are the ones that keep the VW heritage alive.

Please tell me Jeff, all the books I've been reading lately mention checking the oil pickup tube to make sure it fits snug. Did you check mine? What happened with you not asking about putting in mismatched and incorrect spark plugs? Why was the washer for the crank pulley laying in the shroud instead of under the bolt where it belongs.

What a mess I just hope people are more careful now and have learned from my mistakes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
97gase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff, you talk about not doing any work that wasn't ask for? Yes I ask you to install a steering wheel that fit just fine and you charghed me $110 in labor. That is a bit steep, but I did pay for it. BUT did I pay for your aged dad to monkey around with the seat belt peice being broken? I never ask for that. If you had sent the last invoice maybe I could see what I did pay for. Also the time to pick up the car was an agreed upon time. If you were late to your precious dinner date then don't overbook.

We could argue back and forth for a while but the truth remains that there are several much better VW shops in the area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eastcoastconversions
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97gase wrote:
BUT did I pay for your aged dad to monkey around with the seat belt peice being broken? I never ask for that.

Steve,

Jeff said his father was sick, what kind of asshole are you to make a comment like this? I hope your car never runs again, you don't deserve it!!!

Jeff
97gase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff's father was not sick or in Canada when Jeff's father worked on my car. He was an older guy but was not sick while he worked on the seatbelts without my consent. I'm sorry if I came across as inconsiderate. He must have become sick later and I hope he is better now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: