Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Don/VW CRU. MIA or retired, or what?
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Don/VW CRU. MIA or retired, or what? Reply with quote

What happened to VWCru/don? anyone know?.Just wondering...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Don/VW CRU. MIA or retired, or what? Reply with quote

Dave24 wrote:
What happened to VWCru/don? anyone know?.Just wondering...

He unplugged his computer.

I saw him at the Seattle Vintage meet in July.
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Don? I want my money back! Reply with quote

On Nov 4th, 2005 (one year ago!! )I sent him $22.80 for a Oval brochure. I been waiting a long time but nothing has arrived. I think Don have disappeared with my money.

Here are his latest e-mails:

On 28 Nov 2005 Don wrote:
“Sorry for the delay. I have been out of town and my girlfriend
has been handleing my emails. I will send you one out today
priority mail.”

On Dec 13th 2005 Don wrote:
“It has been shipped. you should see it soon. thanks”

Since Dec 13, 2005 he stop email me. Damn.

More about this guy:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1514412&highlight=#1514412
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
diy570
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i wondered about that recently too. he used to be like king of the classifieds, for early bus parts anyway.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, at the Seattle Vintage Meet he said he just turned his computer and let everything go stale.

I ended up deleting all of his ads rather than let them expire because of all the complaints. Hopefully he will come back at some point and take care of all the people he owes money or parts too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Yes, at the Seattle Vintage Meet he said he just turned his computer and let everything go stale.

I ended up deleting all of his ads rather than let them expire because of all the complaints. Hopefully he will come back at some point and take care of all the people he owes money or parts too.
Hopefully?. I bought stuff from Don, and reccomended him to friends. I think it's really weak to just say "I'm done", and "unplug" the computer. I read through the last couple of pages in the link above, and alot of people sent alot of $ to him, for parts he chose not to deliver. I've seen 2-300 ads up at one time from Don. How many people got burned, and for how much $?.
Hey, if he wants to quit and disappear, his choice. But at least finish up your obligations before you do so. I think it sucks to do this to buyers on this site, and still have the nerve to show up at VW shows. I also think it sucks that alot of folks, myself included, left positive feedback for him which might have helped all these folks get burned.
I dont know don, or his situation that led to this ( I for one dont care). Business is business. There is no exuse for burning people, unless hes dead (which is not the case).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: