Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 experts - here's one for ya
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
65busser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Type 3 experts - here's one for ya Reply with quote

Haven't been able to get my driver's backrest upright enough, so decided to pull the seat out and found the problem. In the backrest adjuster, there's a rod that runs from one side to the other. The cam that adjusts the backrest angle, and the little stop on the ends of the rod, are held in by pins and one of the pins, the one that holds the cam in place, is missing. I could prob make up a pin of sorts, but I'd like to get the real thing. What I don't understand is how the pins are removed. If I can find a trashed seat, I might be able to salvage a pin. See pic.
Any experience?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.busnbug.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tripicana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are called roll pins. to remove or replace, you have to use a punch and hammer and drive them in or out. any hardware store should have them.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to cut/file the length of the one you are missing, because it must be fully embedded in the hub/cam--it shouldn't stick out beyond the outer circumference hub/cam. It will jam if it sticks out. They are VERY hard so use a sharp saw and then grind or file it smooth.
65busser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated. Thanks

www.busnbug.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: