Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pimp my Ride bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldbug.com wrote:
I went down to West Coast Customs for the episode where they did the Baja. They wanted some other custom VWs for the opening scenes so I brought down two cars and arranged for another couple too...it was a neat gig and they eventually paid me for my time (after som serious complaining). The quality was definitely lacking...very wham bam thank you ma'am. They put a new flip front on the Baja and didnt do a damn bit of trimming to get it to fit along the cowl. They were rolling it into the paint booth and I said..cant you guys do something aboyut this? The shuffled me aside and went on with laying down the graphics...Oh well.

Still a fun show to watch...but I sure wouldnt want to end up with one of the cars they built...unless it was just to strip off the goodies and pitch the rest.

My best memory was one of the West Coast crew coming out to see my New Beetle...he came up to me and said "Yo Dog, your Bug is Ill".

I guess that was a compliment.
\

What I find odd is that they would do such shitty work on camera. I've seen a couple episodes and they are consistent. They don't just do slap-dash work on VWs.
But then the average person only cares of the car is shiney, not what's underneath the shine.
--Dan
Tri-Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2true wrote:
Ok you guys are really hating here.

He is a poor kid that was given an opportunity to have his bus fixed.

It isn't his fault was WCC did to his bus.

He seems like a nice kid. If you were a young college kid and a TV show volunteered to fix up your car I am sure yuo would turn it down too! Rolling Eyes

I don't agree with how they did the work but leave the kid alone! SheesH! Rolling Eyes

Many of us are not bashing him, but the show, and there work. Compare "hack my ride" and "Overhaulin"

Overhaulin' does good work, replaces damaged metal with metal that is actually welded in, not prop rivited in. Does the engine, trans, and brakes, makes sure it is a quality job.

given the choice between keeping my bus as is ( mechanicals are done, body is getting started) or turning it over to "hack my ride" i would keep it as is.

To a point i feel sorry for him, because he saw the show and knows how his bus was done up, and is now stuck with the problems from it

A VW team with a triathlon problem, or something like that....
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvwainfo wrote:
2true wrote:

He seems like a nice kid. If you were a young college kid and a TV show volunteered to fix up your car I am sure yuo would turn it down too! Rolling Eyes

I don't agree with how they did the work but leave the kid alone! SheesH! Rolling Eyes

Many of us are not bashing him, but the show, and there work. Compare "hack my ride" and "Overhaulin"

Overhaulin' does good work, replaces damaged metal with metal that is actually welded in, not prop rivited in. Does the engine, trans, and brakes, makes sure it is a quality job.

given the choice between keeping my bus as is ( mechanicals are done, body is getting started) or turning it over to "hack my ride" i would keep it as is.

To a point i feel sorry for him, because he saw the show and knows how his bus was done up, and is now stuck with the problems from it

Very true. If someone volunteered me for Pimp My Ride, I'd have to go out and buy a crappy VW for them to Pimp - no way they're touching any of mine...
on the other hand, I love OverHaulin, and they're welcome to any of my vehicles (although I'd probably point them towards the Barracuda)
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tri-Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeamSpatula wrote:
nvwainfo wrote:
2true wrote:

Very true. If someone volunteered me for Pimp My Ride, I'd have to go out and buy a crappy VW for them to Pimp - no way they're touching any of mine...
on the other hand, I love OverHaulin, and they're welcome to any of my vehicles (although I'd probably point them towards the Barracuda)
Smile

Unfortunetly Overhaulin has not found its way out to North Carolina yet, I cannot recall them doing any VW projects either, although this weeks John Force School Bus was cool, and really stretched there limits some, maybe step it up to a VW camper next?

splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvwainfo wrote:
TeamSpatula wrote:
nvwainfo wrote:
2true wrote:

Smile

Unfortunetly Overhaulin has not found its way out to North Carolina yet, I cannot recall them doing any VW projects either, although this weeks John Force School Bus was cool, and really stretched there limits some, maybe step it up to a VW camper next?

They did do a THING, but it was the second car of the offical overhauled car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please f**k my ride. The name they should have called it! Laughing
Tri-Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of Pimp my Ride ( name contest)

"Hack my ride"

or

"Hood my Ride"

Rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikee wrote:
nvwainfo wrote:
still listed on the Samba.

did you notice the "shop" had to change its name from "West Coast Customs" to "Gas" ( think Jesse James got pissed)

its a new shop

yeah, a "new" shop with the same crew. I think from a business standpoint they shot themselves in the foot. After people saw the kind of work they do on the show nobody would take their car to them, even if the other work they do is good. I saw an overhaulin episode with some of the pimp my ride crew and they even said on camera that they were not happy with how their shops work was portrayed on the show and they wanted to come to overhaulin to prove that they do quality work. Then they proceeded to put a fishtank in the back seat. Shocked
buggdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvwainfo wrote:
TeamSpatula wrote:
nvwainfo wrote:
2true wrote:

Smile

I have a 1967 camper that needs well, eveything. Anyone want to call Foose and let him know where I am. LOL.

Just don't let him put any 20s on my ride, thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mintonman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Foose only plays with american cars/trucks, I've noticed all his sponsors & don't think he's gonna pay for quality VW parts out of his own pocket to fix someone else's ride. He could try to get the parts donated by mentioning the company it came from, but I don't think he could advertise enough in one show to cover the cost of the product. You also have to remember that you have to pay all the taxes for the products used aswell as the state and income tax for the crew that works on the car for the amont of time they work on it, so it's not free in any way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: