Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

repop albert mirrors and orignal? How to tell differences!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,
I never have seen the Tijuana repops.

I posted to make sure that folks knew that ours were done well...ask anyone who has seen them up close.

There is nothing like the original stuff, that is true. But a quality reproduction will run a close second.

Ive had quite a few people ask me about doing a hooded version...Im not convinced that the market is really there for them. Any input?

Im also looking for some other accessories to reproduce, if anyone has any ideas please PM me.
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RareAir wrote:
Those are definitely the earlier ones. I thought I was hoarding them, but damn!
I also like nearly everything in that pic. Coat hook, Australian hood badge, Motometer Rallye Package, 100km medallion, Amphicar horn push, early Empi door pull, Cog 100mm fuel cap. The Nevada plate you can keep Wink

You missed some NOS Barndoor stuff there, Glenn Wink

The Nevada plate with Sunland Motors frame are a souvenir from my first SoCal trip, so to me that's just as cool as all the other parts! Wink

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai, any of it 4-sale?
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldbug.com wrote:
Ive had quite a few people ask me about doing a hooded version...Im not convinced that the market is really there for them. Any input?

I don't think there's a big enough market for it. I think most people wanting the Alberts get them because of the beauty of the arms. There's only a small crowd willing to pay extra for the hooded versions, and I think the originals that pop up everywhere can handle that demand... The later hooded versions can be bought for very reasonable prices lately..

Last edited by Kais Collection on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RareAir wrote:
Kai, any of it 4-sale?

Not really.. They don't take much space.. Wink

PM me an offer and I'll think about it. Cool

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: