Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Van Movie
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Van Movie Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but "Little Miss Sunshine" has this 79 Yellow VW Bus in it that I am sure a lot of van owners can relate to. Very funny movie. Check it out what happens to the van truely makes you laugh.
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it. Charming and funny, good script. The van becomes another character, as these old boxes are wont to do.

The story begins in Albuquerque, but they never shot here in NM. They just used SoCal to stand in for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dogpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one of the better movies for 2006. It is refreshing to see something with a script, of any kind, for a change. Particulaly, after seeing the last Star Wars, which apparently, Lucas had a 4th grade class write the script.

I personally identified with the clutch problem. I had a similar problem when I fragged the transmission on one of my old 88 land rovers. I could only shift from high to low range for 500 miles and the push start thing was what we did, that and the 'Gods must be Crazy' run in front of the car as it idles though the gate thing.
08 Range Rover SC
08 VW Rabbit S
1951 O-1G
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: