Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

fuel tank
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
78busman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:18 am    Post subject: fuel tank Reply with quote

Question.. I have a 78 bus 2.0 injected
I just put a new engine in. Factory engine
from Canada. Prior to install, it sat for a few years. Time and money. Are the tanks on
the 78's known to rust? I had been told that
they tend not to be a big problem on that
year bus....
NeverHadaBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: fuel tank Reply with quote

If you have already installed the engine then it's a little too late to worry about the fuel tank. The engine needs to be removed to remove the tank, but since the engine is installed it wouldn't be worth the effort to remove both unless you have problems. I would suggest removing the metal fule line that comes from the tank outlet near the starter and replacing it with high quality rubber fule line. The metal line has a couple of bends in it and they are notorious for clogging up near these bends. Drain the tank, replace all the fuel line with high quality rubber line, install a new fuel filter, and see how the bus runs. If it seems to have fuel problems then perform a flow test from the fuel pump, but if it runs fine then keep on driving. Good luck.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: