Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Book "Leichter personenkraftwagen K1 typ 82"
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
panel67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Book "Leichter personenkraftwagen K1 typ 82" Reply with quote

Anyone seen this before: a book in German called "Leichter personenkraftwagen K1 typ 82".

It is dated April 8, 1943. Describes all technical features from the gelandewagen and kubelwagen. About 65 pages with text and 95 pages with pictures and drawings.

Bought this a couple off days ago in a second-hand bookstore....

Maybe anyone has any more info about this book?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Tank83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you like to know about the book?
if you need translation of any words you can send me a pn, or post the question here.

Greetings from Germany
Ruben
panel67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ruben! I'll keep your offer in mind.

But I was wondering if anyone ever saw a book like this before; I haven't... So, is it so rare?

Are there more like these, but then, for example, for the schwimmwagen? Are there "spare-parts books" to go with these??
oorwullie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks interesting. Cool

and hiya ruben.gruss aus die schweiz!
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panel67 wrote:
Thanks Ruben! I'll keep your offer in mind.

But I was wondering if anyone ever saw a book like this before; I haven't... So, is it so rare?

Are there more like these, but then, for example, for the schwimmwagen? Are there "spare-parts books" to go with these??

There's one for the schwimmer. Also parts manuals for both Schwimmer and Kubel. The Schwimmer book has just been reproduced as I recall and it is for sale somewhere on the Type 166 website

http://www.vw166.com

There's also an exceptionally good one written by the US Army. They tested some captured Kubels and produced an operating and service manual to handle any that the Allies captured and wanted to use. It is interesting because they describe the mechanics of the VW engine and suspension in terms an American in the 40's would relate to.

Your book shows up on German ebay from time to time. I've never paid attention to what it's worth, but it is certainly collectable. Large portions of it have been reproduced in various books. Maybe the whole thing has been reprinted, not sure about that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: