Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

eVWParts.com - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 10, 2024
ofcdoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: eVWParts.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

has anyone heard of or has delt with "eVWParts.com" out of Severna Park Md.??any recommendations or advice would be helpful. Question Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sefb13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently bought some stuff from them, and went and picked it up in person.

i'll PM you further details...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Classifieds Feedback
volkenstein
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: I have... Reply with quote

Hi,
Bought some Autostick stuff off them and had it sent to my sister (she lives in the US). No problems. Articles were correct and I am happy. I'd do business with them again.

Volkenstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
chambersc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Just what I needed and quick shipping Reply with quote

I ordered a stock thermostat from them for my Super project and it arrived in great shape, quickly, and seems to work great. I had great dealings with them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volksparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a servo repair kit from them in October 2006 and installed it in my 69 autostick. 8 months later the rubber on the repair kit cracked and the repair kit turned out to be bad. They are currently out of stock so I asked for a refund. Within 24 hours I recieved a refund from them. I am pleased to say that I respect their business and will most likely do business with them again in the future.
Vee-Dubsessed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Avoid evwparts.com!!! Reply with quote

Accidentally posted my own thread about this so I'll try again:

I ordered some stuff from this site almost two weeks ago and here are my complaints: The checkout screen defaults to the most expensive shipping option if you have to go back and change something. What's worse is that after I was duped into the $70 next day shipping option (I admit it's my fault for not checking closely before I finalized the order) it took four days to get here! Hardly next day! I know this because the date it was shipped is on the packing slip! They sent me an email to make sure I wanted the type 1 and type 2 parts I ordered, since I have a fastback, which was very nice except that I emailed them to say I didn't need them and they sent them anyway! I ordered some incorrect parts by selecting my vehicle and then the parts, so their website is laid out wrong! And lastly, the order was incomplete. They managed to send the parts that I said I didn't need but not the ones I did. I will NEVER order from these yahoos again!!! BEWARE!!! Mad Mad Mad
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Vee-Dubsessed Reply with quote

Let's set the record straight. This is not an argument.

J. Fountain order on 8/16. We receive lots of orders. We can't second guess anyones intentions of how they want it shipped or what they order.

We did notice parts for Beetle and Bus and Type 3
On 8/17 we e-mailed him and called him. Keep in mind it's ordered Next Day

Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007
To: Vee-Dubsessed
Hi Jeff. Just to make sure, 211199231C is for a Bus, not a Type 3, the accel cable is for a Beetle.

We will call the number you listed. If you have a cell phone,let us know.
-----

8/25 His e-mail back, no phone call

Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 11:10 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: eVWParts Order #4594

I have a fastback, so no parts for a type two please! Also, I didn't mean
to select the overnight shipping option. Can this be changed?

-Jeff
--------
We shipped by ground on the presumtion that he either knows what he wants or he has made mistakes and will want a refund. The customer is always right.

We then saw this post and sent him a private message. No reply.
We should note that there is no packing slip.

[email protected]
To: Vee-Dubsessed (Offline)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:09 am
Subject: eVWParts order # 4594
Excuse me but you weren't duped. We don't have some trick to make you pay for next day air.

You placed an order. It was next day air. We call and e-mail you that day and the next. No response until after we send it.

When you order something, you should make yourself available in case of problems.

Do you understand that we couldn't refund you $70 shipping if we had sent the parts next day? This way we can refund you the difference.

For all we know, you know what you're ordering, maybe you have more than one car. Many people have Bugs and Buses, or Bugs and Type 3's

If it's ordered next day, you're expecting it next day. We held off and tried to contact you, thinking it was a mistake, we waited as long as we could before sending it.

You say
"I ordered some incorrect parts by selecting my vehicle and then the parts, so their website is laid out wrong!"

No way are Bus motor mounts in the Type 3 section.

I think a retraction is in order. You should ask Everitt to delete this thread, contact the people you bought parts from, us, and get the problems resolved. We'll make it right for you when you're ready to act properly.

Joe Langlois

Last edited by [email protected] on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vee-Dubsessed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Avoid!!! Reply with quote

To: [email protected]
Posted: Today, 7:42 pm
Subject: Re: eVWParts order # 4594
Whether you'll admit it or not you were intentionally deceptive. The flat rate box my parts came in had the cost X'd out so that I wouldn't be able to tell exactly how much you gouged me on the shipping. The "next day shipping", by the way, that took nearly a week. I never contacted you after the transaction because I choose to take it as a loss and not have to deal with you again. Your website is setup poorly and your customer service is atrocious. It wasn't necessary or professional to post my personal information.

Take this as evidence! You don't want anything to do with these people!

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple point is, if you answered your phone or e-mail the same day as placing a next day order, you would have had the correct parts the next day.

You left decisions up to us and are not happy with the outcome.

We've offered to make things better but you take satisfaction in being disatified. It seems you would rather be angry, take a loss and post your disatisfaction rather than take part of the responsibility.

We feel we have done all we can do, so we'll move forward.
MadMax78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered new 72-74 heater boxes from EVW recently for a very good price. I live in The Netherlands so shipping was quite expensive, but it would still be worth it for me. When I received the heater boxes the look of the box didn't look too pretty. The box was quite mashed up and I could tell why, when I picked it up I heard the two units tumble inside.

I opened the box up and the packaging was pathetic. The two heavy heaterboxes were protected by only a couple of pages of newspaper. The heat outlets and fresh air inlets were all bashed up and one of the boxes had some big dents in it.

Being mad I went to write a bad review here but thought it would be better to first contact evw by email. So I did. I sent them an email with pictures and told what the problem was. They told me it wasn't their fault and they can't control how packages are handled. This is true of course but you know when you only use a few sheets of paper they are going to give little protection and things are bound to go wrong, especially on international orders. I have ordered a lot of parts from the US and I have never ever had a shipment even remotely close to being packaged this bad.

They never responded to my second email and never even took the effort to apologize. Very rude in my opinion.

So unless you can pick things up, stay away from EVW!