Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Intake Manifold proble, short on time and money, help please
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Intake Manifold proble, short on time and money, help please Reply with quote

Had my '71 Westy for just over a week. Long story short the hose that connects to the front disk brakes is just dangling b/c the engine in it was pulled from a split window bus and the manifold does not have the stem for the disk brakes.

I did pick up a manifold that has a stem that is too small, not sure what it's for....wondering if i could rig that. That manifold is in great shape minis a small hole where it connects to the heat riser. No problem till it's cold right??

I do have the engine for the bus before the other engine got put in. The manifold is perfect minus it sat in the rain and water went down into it (was missing carb) and the inside is rusted rusted rusted. Surface rust on outside but thick rust on inside. Did the Naval Jelly trick but still rusty and scared that rust would get sucked into the carb which already needs to be rebuilt.

Also, could get a dude to weld a stem on my current manifold but don't have the dough for it or time, see that has the permanent solution maybe.

Which manifold should I try to get to work and how do i deal with either the too skinny stem or the rust depending on which manifold to use????

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 9:46 am    Post subject: Intake Manifold proble, short on time and money, help please Reply with quote

nevermind, found part that connects from current manifold to carb to give stem, putting it in today or tommorow.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: