Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SKF wheel bearings made in mexico/malaysia ?any opinions ?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ofir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: SKF wheel bearings made in mexico/malaysia ?any opinions ? Reply with quote

Hello all,
I bought today SKF wheel bearings , the front are made in mexico Shocked and the rear are made in malaysia ? Shocked

I thought SKF is german company... Confused also the website that I bought it from said "SKF/Germany".... Mad

Any opinions about the quality of those bearings ?

Thanks
Ofir
EZGZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There fine.
It the parent company that is germany and they have factory's all over the world for cheaper labor costs.

The quality control is good and they are machine tested.

I just got some replacement cam bearing for my Harley and they said IDA/CHINA right on the side. hehehehehehe OMG

Wheel bearings take a lot of abuse and don't realy turn all that fast compared to some things. You will be fine.

FAG bearings are good german name also
tree hugger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKF where originally a Swedish company, but now have major manufacturing plants all over the world. Unlike many of there competitors they also own several major steel mills and make very high quality bearing steel. It doesn't matter where the bearing is manufactured it is manufactured to ISO standards. In fact they have several plants where during the whole process of manufacture to packaging no part of the bearing is touched by a human hand, the whole process is fully automated!!!! They ran a campaign here years ago called "made in SKF" to allay fears of in consistent quality. Sorry if this sounds like an SKF commercial, I used to work for them Rolling Eyes don't get me wrong they were a shit company to work for but really good quality bearings, I wouldn't use anything else Wink
Ofir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tree hugger
Thanks for your clear answer.
You convince me to buy more SKF bearings , no matter where they're made.

Thanks much!
Ofir
twistingawrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EZGZ wrote:

FAG bearings are good german name also

umm arent those made in san fransico? sorry couldent resist.. just playin people!!

RON PAUL 2008!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: