Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] does bad business......
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dr. awsome
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 27, 2011
vwminister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Illinois, but I live in Utah now. I am a plant engineer at a factory. I deal with a lot of local contractors and tradesmen in and around Salt Lake City. Unfortunately, the sort of business ethic displayed by this guy is all too common here...a trail of excuses followed by failure to perform. If he sent the product, it is his responsibility until it is delivered and in your hands!
JKM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this guy screwed ya, 3 months of excuses and then they finally get lost in the mail......right.
clearsurf2001
Samba Vaccinator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB locked the other thread (it was in the wrong place)

Question to the Dr. ... is this how the rest of your club operates?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141579216

Agree with Skid ... your rep is goin down until this is resolved. Man up.
mharney wrote:

I think Glenn has an EMPI crank in his engine.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr. awsome wrote:
the only reason carbo mentioned using those parts is because he is my brother and doesn't know I sold them. I also didn't have a tacking number as I used USPS which doesn't give you one. I felt they were the most secure but now I know other wise.

You're either a rank amateur, a liar, or both. If you use Delivery Confirmation, when shipping items via the USPS, the item can be tracked. I take it you are too cheap to spend the extra change for Delivery Confirmation? And I do mean "change", as Delivery Confirmation is less than $1.
Motochris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a scumbag. He has the same attitude as the f'n idiots you see on the "Court" shows. The guys that don't think they are responsible for wrecking somebodies car because "He shouldn't have lent me the car....If he wouldn't have let me borrow it, I wouldn't have crashed it so it's not my fault"
No personal responsibility whatsoever.
cobhc619
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr. awsome wrote:
the only reason carbo mentioned using those parts is because he is my brother and doesn't know I sold them. I also didn't have a tacking number as I used USPS which doesn't give you one. I felt they were the most secure but now I know other wise.

OK, this would actually make sense if it was more like: the only reason carbo mentioned using those parts is because he is my brother and knows I sold them.- you would think the "Chief Engineer of The Utah Off Road Authority"(his brother) would know if anybody since this ass-hat is the "owner" of the utah off road authority and they do work together. This waldo has no proof of sending them and don has all the proof on his part.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JKM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how this looser replied to this topic yesterday: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=233782

Quote:
bitch all you want. Stuff like this happens all the time. Shipping companies loose thing. ya it sucks I know. I've been on your end as well. But i'm not going to refund your money as it's not my fault. I don't have any guilt over this because I didn't do anything wrong
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy needs to spend some quality time at the "Point of the Mountain". Call the Utah Attorney General Fraud Division.

http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/CA/Linkscybercrime.html

They say you get to be the best sex in prison.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EL DUB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just stumbled across this, but its pretty much a fact that ANY postal person at ANY postal counter in ANY post office in the united states asks you the same question.

"Would you like to add delivery confirmation or insurance to your package" because it comes up on thier little screen when doing the package.

why if shipping something of any value would you not answer that question "yes" delivery confirmation AKA cover your ass is like 41 cents.

I think you totally owe this guy but its obvious that if your not going to pony up 41 cents the rest of his money is a lost cause.

Ethically its on you though, i ship about 60 packages a week all with confirmation, i use stamps.com, one day i accidently de-selected delivery confirmation and of my weekly sixty i got 2 did not show calls {same zip code by the way} I prompltly re-shipped the items. WHY? Because it was my fault it was in my hands. I messed up, I dropped the ball. Just like you. MAN UP

Eric and Laura's DUB "EL DUB"

1964 Deluxe Bus
1959 Single cab
1963 Double Cab{coming soon}

SBS #77 Cuarenta Seis Para Vida

*****WTB Circle Motors Long Beach,Ca Plate frame.******
Motochris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scumbag is selling something else on here now.
carbaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this thread today. Until today I was not aware that Doc had sold those any of those parts. When I saw him last, about a month and a half ago we were cleaning out shop and had a conversation somewhat like:

Carbo: What are those

Doc: Torsion leaves

Carbo: I might be able to use those

Doc: Ok, if they're around you can buy em.

Carbo: Ok

There were no conspiracies or plots to rip people off, just two bros cleaning shop and talking about what we should do with our spare VW parts.

If you still think it's unbelievable that I the two main people of our little company wouldn't both know about the torsion leaf sales, it might help to know that I'm in CHINA. It's a long ways away, so we don't talk much. It also might help to know that the Utah Offroad Authority is our dream company. We do have a business licens, but that cost like $15. If we can we'll build cars some day.

As far as him being a "scumbag" or a "thief" or deserving to be raped in prison, you guys need to chill out. He'll make good on the deal. It's just hard for us because we're college students and we've had to change shops over and over the last few months trying to afford to keep what we've got. Because of our situation, when something like this happens it's a huge deal and it takes us time to figure out how to solve it.

Whoever it was that needs the money, PM me and fill me in. I'm his brother, I just found out he's in this pinch, and I'll help out.

The world could do with a lot less blaming and a lot more understanding.

Carbo
cobhc619
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should of told you that they were sold when you talked to him about them a month and a half ago because they were paid for 3 months ago.....Bottom line is DONT is left trying to get his money or parts and your brother is telling him its not his problem(even though it is legally). His demeanor and attitude about it is pathetic, waiting 2 months to "send" them then they get lost? people have a reason to be pissed. you didnt do anything carbo, who knows you might not have known they were sold. If you didnt know about him selling them you might not know about him ripping people off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Motochris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's his piss poor attitude of "Too bad for you" that is what's pissing people off. He hasn't said a single thing about taking care of the problem.....his response is "It's not my problem".
Until he can be man enough to say it IS his fault and he's going to do something about it, he's a SCUMBAG.
This thread has spread to other sites as well. I sure hope it was worth it.
DONT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Chris, looks like I will be ordering front shocks from you, at least my shocks will all match Confused Amazing the shipping company didn't lose the shocks I bought from you guys.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To ironically quote Rober Blake of "Baretta" fame....

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Alert the Utah Attorney General Fraud Divison. He will get his day in court. Just maybe he will learn something out of this deal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really sad but a lot of people think their responsibility ends when they ship the goods.
Paul
Blu Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread sure was an eye opener! Excuses are a dime a dozen. A man handles his affairs with honor or he is no man at all. This dr awsome "boy" should be banned from posting until he makes good his debts.
carbaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whoever it was that needs the money, PM me and fill me in. I'm his brother, I just found out he's in this pinch, and I'll help out.

DONT has PM's me and we're working it out. I disagree with the way Doc's dealt with this too, but it's because he's inexperienced, not because he's a criminal. I'd appreciate a stop to the nasty comments for a few days until we've worked this out with DONT.

I've made a promise to DONT and I'll hold up to it. I can understand why you guys might not want to buy from Doc because he was so slow and he hasn't dealt with the situation well, but DONT will be treated fairly in the very near future.

I take a lot of pride in my personal integrity and I hope that you guys can see that I've done all I can. Please don't ruin my name because my brother's made some mistakes.

Carbo
DONT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carbaholic wrote:
Quote:

DONT has PM's me and we're working it out. I disagree with the way Doc's dealt with this too, but it's because he's inexperienced, not because he's a criminal. I'd appreciate a stop to the nasty comments for a few days until we've worked this out with DONT.

I've made a promise to DONT and I'll hold up to it. I can understand why you guys might not want to buy from Doc because he was so slow and he hasn't dealt with the situation well, but DONT will be treated fairly in the very near future.

I take a lot of pride in my personal integrity and I hope that you guys can see that I've done all I can. Please don't ruin my name because my brother's made some mistakes.

Carbo

Carbo has contacted me, and I will update this thread when we get this situation resolved.
Don
Motochris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carbaholic wrote:

Carbo

I appreciate you stepping up to help resolve this. I have no problem whatsoever with you personally. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: