Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Danny Zepeda - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DannyZ
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
jliving591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Danny Zepeda - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased two vanagon window switches from Danny Zepeda and sent payment on January 8th, 2007. AFTER shipping the item, Mr. Zepeda sent an email to me stating that the switches he sent were not the ones pictured in the advertisement, as those had been sold. Instead, he sent a different pair with all of the wires to the switches cut off, right down to the solder. He offered a refund at that time (Feb 27th, 2007). I responded that indeed I did want a refund, as the items he sent were absolutely useless to me and were not the items that I had paid for. I returned the switches immediately, and they were delivered via first class mail back to him. I sent him an email about twice per week for two weeks, kindly asking when I should expect the refund. He never responded to any of these emails, even though during that time he was on thesamba nearly every day. After a few weeks, I sent an email stating that if I did not receive the refund, I would report this to the USPS and to thesamba. He responded immediately. What followed was 23 emails back and forth over three months, but no refund. He then claimed never to have received the switches, and refused to honor his offer for a refund. He has kept my $51, even though he never sent me the items that I purchased, and I returned the altogether different and broken items that he did send me. Now here is the craziest part: He sent the switches BACK to me this past week, nearly five months after this whole business started. I brought the package to the post office today, and they confirmed that the package had been delivered to him. I have saved the box as evidence. I also have saved all emails related to this transaction, and I am willing to provide these and any additional information to anyone who is interested. I filed a complaint today with the FTC and with USPS. Danny Zepeda has a great selection of parts and for that reason is a great resource. However, I have never in my life dealt with so much dishonesty from one person.

Last edited by jliving591 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkswagenut
Samba's Big Jerk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks man , I hate that for you . Thanks for the heads up this is the way to keep them honest. I have delt with several people on here that are very profesional and honest. It sucks when you come across somebody that ruins the hole honor system. I have also came across a few idiots. Wink
KaliKabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Danny Z Reply with quote

I cant Imagine Danny doing something like that he seems like a stand up guy,I've never had a problem with the guy at the shows here in So Cal. he has a pretty good Rep to...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Danny Z Reply with quote

Greg R wrote:
I cant Imagine Danny doing something like that he seems like a stand up guy,I've never had a problem with the guy at the shows here in So Cal. he has a pretty good Rep to...

I agree Danny is cool. This must just be a bump in the road .

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
volkswagenut
Samba's Big Jerk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Danny Z Reply with quote

FASTBACKDON wrote:
Greg R wrote:

When I deal with people , I always give them one goof up for good measure and dont think anything about it. , the second one I take as well everybody screws up , the third is they are probly a idiot. Wink Kinda three strikes rule
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Danny Z Reply with quote

volkswagenut wrote:
FASTBACKDON wrote:
Greg R wrote:

When I deal with people , I always give them one goof up for good measure and dont think anything about it. , the second one I take as well everybody screws up , the third is they are probly a idiot. Wink Kinda three strikes rule

OK well thats fair enough. But how many times have you bought something from Danny?

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
volkswagenut
Samba's Big Jerk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Danny Z Reply with quote

FASTBACKDON wrote:
volkswagenut wrote:
FASTBACKDON wrote:
Greg R wrote:

OK well thats fair enough. But how many times have you bought something from Danny?

I was not saying that in any way towards Danny I have never delt with him personally, My bad if that is the way it sounded. That is just my general rule on judgeing on a persons credibility. I alway give somebody a chance but if I here bad stuff about a seller I usually have my gaurd up. Wink
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember ever getting the switches back from him. I asked several times if he had a confomation on the switches he returned and he said he did have the conformation and told me he had no time to check on it. I told him if he could prove the conformation on the switches I would return his money. As for sending him the switches with cut wires yes I did send the switches with cut wires, because I call him and talked to him on the phone before sending them. Thats why I asked for your phone # when you send payment, so if theres a problem I can call. I told him the switches in the photos were sold and I had some other switches with the wires cut. I asked him if he wanted those switches or did he want his money back, he said send the switches so I sent them. He even asked how back were they cut because he had no time or a sodering iron to fix them. He says I never called and told him that but I did He must not remember. I only ask for the proof of him returning my switches before I return his money. Is that to much to ask for, I don't remember getting the switches back and don't have them any where in my parts. I found more switches and the wires aren't cut. Believe this guy if you like but I'm telling you I asked for the proof of conformation and he says he has no time to check. Look just send the proof of conformation on when you returned the switches and I'll refund your money. Plain and simple. I'm not refunding money for something that was not returned. Show the proof!
Eric Outland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Eric (VMR) Reply with quote

I have purchased parts from Danny ( [email protected]) in the past, and have found Danny not only to be honest in my dealings with him, but also knowledgable regarding VW's in General. Would and Will gladly purchase from [email protected] again. Eric (VMR)
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the already existing thread...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22870
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: