Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

car buying Scammer??
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PedalWerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: car buying Scammer?? Reply with quote

I received the following E-mail in reguards to a car I have for sale on the samba.

His E-mail is [email protected]

"Hello Scott,
Thanks for the e-mail and for telling me the condition of the ( CAR) i have spoken with the Buyerand he make me understand that he is okay with the price and Condition that mean he is ready to pay for the (CAR) which he as already make and arrangement for the payment by check which you will be expecting A Certified check of $7,000 And Asap you have receive the check of $7,000 you will deduct the cost of the ( CAR) which is $3000 and send the Balance to The Shipper
company in Poland Who will be pickup the (CAR) And keep the remaining $100
that the buyer Promise to give you As the for the Inconvenecies And After you have receive the Check And Wire the Balance of the money to the shipper Company they will contact you immediately And arrange with you with where you will like them to pickup the ( CAR) . so for the Payment to be Mail out to you My i will like you to get back to me with the information below,
FULL NAME........................
ADDRESS...................
CITY................................
ZIPCODE.....................
STATE.........................
COUNTRY.....................
HOME PHONE........................
CELL PHONE..........................
I will be looking forward to have the information Asap so that.the payment can be mail out to you Asap And i will like you to email me with the pics of the ( CAR) so that my client can see what he is paying for.
Regards"

www.pedalwerks.com
@pedalwerksdotcom
909-289-9655
12' Golf 2.5
07' Rabbit 2.5
59' Single Cab
57' Oval hard top
55' Oval hardtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is definitely a scam Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . It's the oldest trick in the book. They send you a money order for more than you're asking for the car, and have you send the balance to their "shipper". Only after a couple of weeks do you find out that the money order or check that this Bozo sent you is no good, and you're out whatever you sent of the balance. You need to report this to Everett so that he can block the guy who sent you the e-mail from The Samba. Check out the internet fraud link on this site and you'll see that a lot of the foreign scammers use this same tactic. The dead givaway that this jerk is a scammer (probably from Nigeria) is that his English isn't even good. You'd think that these guys would, by now, at least get that part straight......
Whatever you do, don't respond to his e-mail.
________________________________________________________________________________________
61 Bus, 65 Type 34 Ghia, 71 Eriba Puck, 76 Porsche 911S, 81 Vanagon, 84 Porsche 928S, 2002 Audi TT
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a scam.

They have been blocked.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: