Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cruise Control / Throttle Body Question
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValleyHappy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Cruise Control / Throttle Body Question Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out why my cruise control doesn't seem to have the oomh to hold speed. When I engage the cruise at speed, I can feel the system "try" but slowly over a couple on seconds, fail to hold speed. I don't seem to see any breaks in the bladder that connects to the throttle body. One thing I'm not sure of is the state of my throttle body. It seems awful stiff for that small bladder and vacume to be able to hold it in place when the CC is set....but without checking out someone elses system, I don't know what it should feel like. It just seems more difficult than it mabye should to rev the motor by hand when I'm checking it out in my driveway. Anyone have any thoughts?
mightyart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the hoses to the vac can "Bladder" and make sur you have a good seal, it's not the trottle body, my guess would be the vac can is old and worn out or you have a vac leak somewhere.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to determie if in fact the cruise pull vacumm pot is good and able to hold open the TB, is to disconnect the vacuum hose and hook up a vacuum tester.

Suck it down and see if it holds.

If it does,look for another vacuum leak.
The vacuum pump may be shot too.

Check it out---
ValleyHappy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Got myself a hand vac. pump. We'll see what happens.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: