Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

camch - [email protected] - Griffin/Zebulon GA
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: camch
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 12, 2024
Alan_U
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: camch - [email protected] - Griffin/Zebulon GA Reply with quote

Just a waring to all that pay with a money order.

I've contacted this person and he confirmed he still had the parts for sale. I phoned/contacted this person regarding method of payment. He agreed to ship FEDEX with my friends account to save me cost and time.

He requested me to find the closest fedex shipping outlet. This is a span of less than 24hrs. The deal was made and verbally confirmed over the phone NOT email. I made an effort in locating the closest fedex shipping depot but due to limited internet access I didn't send him the info.

later that evening after work I ran out to get a postal money order with his name. Preparing to mail the check ASAP which I promised him.

Arriving at home he basically stated. Parts sold with no apology. Now I'm stuck with a money order that will be EXTREMELY difficult to transfer back to cash.

He is not a man of his words.

If you note I did not publicly announce his name. This is more of a warning to people that a deal is not made until the product is in your hands.

No more time for VW's.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Atl Phil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are we supposed to know who you are talking about?
Reference a Samba user name?

Take the MO back to the PO and you'll get your $ with little problem. Hopefully you kept the receipt to make it a bit easier.
camch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do beleive he is talking about me. There is a couple of things he did leave out. As he told you we did talk on the phone and i told him i would ship out through his fed-ex,but he was suppose to find the nearest fed-ex and call me right back,in which he never did,even though he said he had limited internet access he still had my phone # to get in touch with me, which he even said in his e-mail,after waiting for a period of about 12-24 hrs and never got a responce through e-mail or phone of what he was going to do,i did sell the parts to someone else,so after the buyer even said in his complaint that he did not send me any information. I do not feel i was in the wrong by selling the items,after no information was received. also when the items sold I did have the courtacy to inform him I had sold the parts.Also when a buyer says he wants something and tells you he will get right back with you and never does the parts are still for sale is the way i think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, you can either take the Postal money right back to the PO and cash it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan_U
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously theres miscommunication here. I contacted my friend thats an employee of fedex and I recieved "depot" information in your area later on that day. I have no control of expiditing information off of his company's/Fedex computer. My line of work doesn't have the luxury of cruising the "information highway" while operating busy automotive shop.

I guess you were too lazy to ship product for sale on the classifieds. Your benefit and my loss. Easy way out to sell to a local when you already made a deal with someone out of town.

Your "word" is meaningless. When you state "yes" I'll ship the goods when I recieve Fedex depot information must not be understood as a done deal in your mind.

No grudge, just disappointed in human nature. I called "camch" in the early morning (9am my time- 3 hr difference) 12 noon his time. I get an email at 8:03PM (his time) telling me its sold. 11hrs of being impatient.

I did get my money back but not impressed with the character of seller.

No more time for VW's.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: