Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dead beat buyers
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tvättbjörn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that happens a lot lately. should we make a topic like "non paying buyer" or "a waste of time to deal with" ??? That may traighten out some people. What do you think???
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped "saving" items for customers on the Samba because it never failed, money wouldn't show up. I had a rough trip speedo from an oval advertised on the Samba for $150.00 that 21 members "had to have". The guy that bought it was from Germany, paid in US cash and is very happy, no $$ came from the other 20 people who were located in the US. Now I send a reply to inquiries that says "first $$ to show up gets it, all others returned uncashed at my expense". Seems to work. I've only had one guy complain that I was "playing games" and he told me he didn't want to do business with me. I've talked to a few people that know him and they say he's a tool, so no big loss. If he would have sent the money at the time he inquired, he would have got the item. All in all, 99% of the people on the Samba are great to deal with, so I consider all this a minor irritation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tvättbjörn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
I stopped "saving" items for customers on the Samba because it never failed, money wouldn't show up. I had a rough trip speedo from an oval advertised on the Samba for $150.00 that 21 members "had to have". The guy that bought it was from Germany, paid in US cash and is very happy, no $$ came from the other 20 people who were located in the US. Now I send a reply to inquiries that says "first $$ to show up gets it, all others returned uncashed at my expense". Seems to work. I've only had one guy complain that I was "playing games" and he told me he didn't want to do business with me. I've talked to a few people that know him and they say he's a tool, so no big loss. If he would have sent the money at the time he inquired, he would have got the item. All in all, 99% of the people on the Samba are great to deal with, so I consider all this a minor irritation.

not a bad way at all. The only problem if you have to return 10 payments and you mail it certified than it´s adding up.
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

I would never do business under your terms of everyone sending payment. I would not send payment unless I was assured that the item was being held for me. It is, of course your choice, but you wouldn't get my business.
Paul
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Wilson wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

I would never do business under your terms of everyone sending payment. I would not send payment unless I was assured that the item was being held for me. It is, of course your choice, but you wouldn't get my business.
Paul

Nope, I operate the same way, as do many other sellers. I got burned holding parts for buyers in the past, or people who were adamant they wanted the item and never followed through. As a matter of fact, I have the same joker e-mailing me every six months about some late model Karmann Ghia quarter panels. Two times he has been "all set to send the money" and never followed through. Now, I just delete his messages as I have someone who agreed to pay an up-front deposit for them.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tvättbjörn wrote:
Oh that happens a lot lately. should we make a topic like "non paying buyer" or "a waste of time to deal with" ??? That may traighten out some people. What do you think???

That's been tried unsuccessfully.
Just the other day a seller did that in this forum, and the buyer's buddies all ganged up on the seller. Oh, the buyer is a "stand-up guy" and "he's busy" and he builds "killer rides". All that happened was the buyer unloaded a ton of trash talk on the seller. Rolling Eyes
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Tvättbjörn wrote:

Just the other day a seller did that in this forum, and the buyer's buddies all ganged up on the seller. Oh, the buyer is a "stand-up guy" and "he's busy" and he builds "killer rides". All that happened was the buyer unloaded a ton of trash talk on the seller. Rolling Eyes

The wheels came off the toys you sold me last year. Can I have a refund?
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee. wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Tvättbjörn wrote:

The wheels came off the toys you sold me last year. Can I have a refund?

Um--- were those the toys that I gave you? Free?
satterley_sr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a rash of "I want to buy your item" lately with no follow through. Is it the full moon?
satterley_sr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead beat buyers Reply with quote

How long do most sellers give a buyer to get their paypal payment to them? A day maybe?
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead beat buyers Reply with quote

satterley_sr wrote:
How long do most sellers give a buyer to get their paypal payment to them? A day maybe?

That's reasonable.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead beat buyers Reply with quote

satterley_sr wrote:

I'm lazy about paying attention but I think if the person has responded and said they are sending payment, a day is reasonable.

I am blown away by how buyers I have had that said "I'll send it in a few minutes" or "I'll send it tonight" and they don't pay for at least a day, if not more.

If it's someone I sent payment info to and they have not responded at all, I will follow up when possible.
"Do you still want this?"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: