Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear ride hieght question
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WayneN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Rear ride hieght question Reply with quote

I just turned the rear torsion bars on my 1970 bus to level it out. When I got the car it didnt have torsion bars so I dont know where they were to begin with. The spring plates are resting on the stops now but the car appears level. Can someone who owns a similar year bus run outside and check to see if their spring plates ride on the stops? Smile
vwjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 69 bus. The stock rear height on your bus is going to be 21 or 23 degrees. You will need an angle finder for this. once you have the stock height and jack up the spring plates and push them in or on and lower the jack the spring plates will be resting on the stops.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: