Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did your bus do for somebody else today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busryder wrote:
This IS exactly what I intended, people... An outlet for the little bit of hippie in us all.

um, no hippy here.

I responded to an ad on CL that a young mother needed to find a runner since her "beetle" crapped out. She was so excited that I would help her for free and was so appreciative and then I never heard from her again.

I tried.

Eriba Puck Sticky
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacsWagen wrote:
Busryder wrote:
This IS exactly what I intended, people... An outlet for the little bit of hippie in us all.

um, no hippy here.

I responded to an ad on CL that a young mother needed to find a runner since her "beetle" crapped out. She was so excited that I would help her for free and was so appreciative and then I never heard from her again.

I tried.
Do I detect a hint of disapointment in your tone?? Did she not respond the way you had hoped to your "damsel in distress" call of hippieness/duty? You sound a little bitter Wink but I know that there is a little bit of hippie somewhere deep down inside you just itchin' to get to the surface. Let him out to puff once in a while.
6D2
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have powder coated rims on my bus.. done to match the safaris from wolfgang. I took the bolt holes down to bare metal and everytime I need to take my rims off it is a fight.. they are not going to come lose on my bus.. I think they look great myself.. just my .02
The SBS #62

Red Hot Ad Specialties & Stuff...
Shirts and hoodies for shows or clubs.. we ship world wide...
www.pottymouthpromos.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lohe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife used mine to store some oil and vinegar she distributes.. it doesnt have an engine so there's not a lot it can do!
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lohe wrote:
My wife used mine to store some oil and vinegar she distributes.. it doesnt have an engine so there's not a lot it can do!
Closet space... thats a new one here. I often hear about "the angry wifey that is making me sell my bus.." crap... Your bus is doin' stuff that some men can't, keeping a woman happy. Happy wives are hardcore lovers.
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play along: On the way home from work just recently, I came up on a baja bug that was dead on the side of the road, and a middle aged guy standing behind it. Pulled up behind him in my bus and asked what was going on, he was real cool and said his generator or battery was bad. He only lived about 15-20 miles away, and it was getting dark, and we were in the back 40/new river area/hillbilly country and didn't want to see any crazy hillbillies give him a hard time 'cause there are some really weird ones out where he was. So i started my bus and then pulled my optima battery out while my bus was running and hooked the optima up in his baja and stuck his crusty old battery in my bus, and told him I would follow him home. My good 'ol 95amp alternator charged his battery up by the time we got to his house, and he told his wife what happened and what took so long. Apparantly a lot of people drove by and no-one offered to help in the 5-6 hours he sat there!! They both thanked me and the three of us sat on his front porch and he rolled up a sploof of some really killer smoke. Afterwards I put my optima battery back into my bus and I cruised on home feeling pretty darned good I was able to help out, even if it was a bug. Cool
KarmannBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple years ago, on Christmas Day, I was out for a little cruise and came up on a guy hoofin' down the road, gas can in hand. Its rural, in the truest sense of the word, out here, and the next fuel station was a good two or three miles away. I pulled over, gave him a ride to the station, and drove him back to his pickup, and even though he sloshed gas on the floor, which took a week to dissipate, didn't say anything. I stayed to see if he could get his truck running, which he couldn't because his battery was dead, so I lifted the hatch and gave him a jump and we were both on our way, me with the door windows open to air out the fumes, him headed to see his family.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once on a winter cross country ski trip I saw a little cow head even with the ground. I backed up to look again and it was a baby cow that had fallen into a well and his little front forelegs were all bloody from trying to get out. With the girl I was with and myself we tied my tow rope around his chest and hooked the other end onto my towel bar. She backed the bus up while I pulled. Both of us ended up pulling up by hand while the bus just held the little cow with the e-brake. We both ended up muddy and frozen from head to toe but the cow lived to see another day before going to McDonalds. Does that count?
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
Once on a winter cross country ski trip I saw a little cow head even with the ground. I backed up to look again and it was a baby cow that had fallen into a well and his little front forelegs were all bloody from trying to get out. With the girl I was with and myself we tied my tow rope around his chest and hooked the other end onto my towel bar. She backed the bus up while I pulled. Both of us ended up pulling up by hand while the bus just held the little cow with the e-brake. We both ended up muddy and frozen from head to toe but the cow lived to see another day before going to McDonalds. Does that count?
That Soooo counts Dude... This is the kinda stuff that restores faith in man's ability to do the right thing. Keep 'em commin'...
volkster1964
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a State Trooper, and once several years ago I came across a Bay Window Westy broken down along a very rural stretch of road about 15 miles outside of Saranac Lake. There was a hippie lookin' couple standing behind the bus staring at an open deck lid. I pulled up behind them and they had that, "Oh &@%#, the fuzz." look on their faces. I got out and asked them what was wrong with their Westy. They said that it had just quit. I took a look inside the engine compartment and noticed that the negative wire had fallen off of the coil. I replaced the wire and made sure it was on tight. I told them to try to start in and the Westy fired right up. I said have a nice day and went back to my car. I think they were surprised that I fixed their bus instead of searching it....

56-beetle
64-beetle
67-single cab (My everyday work truck/firewood hauler)
98-new beetle
98-cabrio
02-jetta wagen TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volkster1964 wrote:
Well, I'm a State Trooper, and once several years ago I came across a Bay Window Westy broken down along a very rural stretch of road about 15 miles outside of Saranac Lake. There was a hippie lookin' couple standing behind the bus staring at an open deck lid. I pulled up behind them and they had that, "Oh &@%#, the fuzz." look on their faces. I got out and asked them what was wrong with their Westy. They said that it had just quit. I took a look inside the engine compartment and noticed that the negative wire had fallen off of the coil. I replaced the wire and made sure it was on tight. I told them to try to start in and the Westy fired right up. I said have a nice day and went back to my car. I think they were surprised that I fixed their bus instead of searching it....

56-beetle
64-beetle
67-single cab (My everyday work truck/firewood hauler)
98-new beetle
98-cabrio
02-jetta wagen TDI
Welcome to the Samba, Volkster... This may be the best one yet for me! It's just ironic that the Fuzz is capable of ignoring that "hippie in the headlights" look that Hippies tend to give at the onset of such an encounter with the Law, and instead realize that they are(for the most part) good people that really only want peace in the environment that they share with the rest of the world. Puff a bowl for me copper, The Busryder (BWAAAA HAA HAA HAAAA!!!) No seriously Man, Thanks.
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just helped someone else.. This dude is psycotic though, and this wasn't direcly a VW assistance call. (Author removed due to NON-Bus content. Thanks for reading.)

Last edited by Busryder on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
derv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but this is a VW bus forum.

Quote:
Mr. Hido: To post your bare ass to virtually all hardened bus enthusiasts casts thick, a slag not easily ground smooth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the mirror of the mirror arm in the hopes that when the jackhole cable guy comes back, for the third time, it bites him in the shoulder when he walks by the bus.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could write a book, I help people on a daily basis, either through e-mails, phone calls or here at the shop.
Being in BFE, off a major interstate (I 40) I seem to get a couple calls a week from people traveling either east or west. Most of the time I can help them over the phone, sometimes they either limp in or get towed in for repairs.

2 of my favorite stories though are.

A girl bought her first split (a nice dormobil) back east somewhere. She was driving the bus back to Cali after picking it up and blew her engine up. Her mother called me as she didn't have a cell phone and explained what happened. She had the bus towed to my shop and told me how she needed to be in Cali to go to school in 2 days.

I had just built and installed a 1776 single port in one of my buses so I pulled it out, sold it to her (at a VERY FAIR PRICE) installed it in her bus (stayed at the shop almost all night getting it done)

She stayed at a hotel and showed up the next morning amazzed that she was ready to go. I gave her basic engine education, sent her around the block to see how she liked it and was told it had twice the power of her old engine and off she went. The only contact I had with her after that was none except her mother calling to say thank-you and her daighter made it home.

The other one was 2 guys from Switzerland on tour of the U S in an unknown fat chick westy (72 or later) they bought site unseen over the internet in Cali. They blew up their engine and limped to the shop. They proceeded to pull and rebuild their engine behind the shop. They did this is 4 days while they lived in the camper. I let them use my tools and whatever else they needed to get the job done. I did hear from them now and then during the rest of their journey and recieved pics of them back home in Swiss "with the bus". They liked it so much they hsipped it home! It was bought to travel in and then resell before they went home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BryanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pissed off a baby boomer ex-hippie with my "Non-Hippie Bus" sticker.

She said, " what do you mean its not a hippie bus"? in a disgusted voice.
And I said "Because it not a hippie bus" and drove off

Motorwagen LLC
Concord NC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
I took the mirror of the mirror arm in the hopes that when the jackhole cable guy comes back, for the third time, it bites him in the shoulder when he walks by the bus.

Did you sharpen it?

I bet you did, you meanie!
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazetguy, I think that we have been "moderated" by the powers that be... I'm not sure , however. I PMed Ev. about an hour ago, but got no response as he was listed as a moderator when I respondned to your posting. If I have offended you, I sincerly appologize if the messages were ever recieve or not. Please PM me if the needed ever arises, considering that BOTH our conversational componants were removed. I also appologize to all that were exposed to the rhetoric that was utilized when we were comunicating with each other earlier 2day. To my readers: If anybody reads my crapp any ways, please feel free to PM me with any, otherwise unspeakable, commentary; as I will respond to all that is possible..... Thank you for your support, (The Busryder).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: