Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Southern California Vanagon Gathering No. 2 -10/21/07
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
70coupyel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70coupyel wrote:
Here's the "yes I'm coming list":

pirate
Lanval
captpartytime
westy81
ohlott
booboo bus
nathan@el
70coupyel
vinowagon
Korkwood
2BOLLOX

Thats 11 vans!!I think this is a good showing for only put the date out
there 11 days out.Just hope some others will get on the bandvan(bandwagon get it Wink).
"booboo van" ALL van are welcome.Please do not let the nice rides freak you out.Just show up and it all good times!!

Any one else want to join the fun??

Glenn

This post is the updated "Yes" list!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338946&highlight=
70 KG Coup
83 Westy Waterboxer

Last edited by 70coupyel on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
westy81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Info Reply with quote

korkwood wrote:
Just found out about it
Where exactly will it be? When? What to bring?
Thanks
LK

Leon!
I'm hoping to have my sexy SVX motor on display (I've pulled the harness and accessories, and am planning on pulling the engine on Thursday).
Leon has some darn cool vans, with some funky custom cabinetry powered by Subaru - take a look:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

70coupyel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE wrote:
I was thinking I just pulled my refer out and i have not installed it yet. If you guys want I can wait until sunday and I can put it back in and do a small demo of cleaning, and installation on sunday if any one is interested.

Dude, bring it all down.Nothin better than standin around watchin some else work. Razz

70 KG Coup
83 Westy Waterboxer
2BOLLOX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: I'M IN Reply with quote

See you all at the beach.
2BOLLOX(SEA TURTAL)
captainpartytime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All! Sorry to keep you hanging. I will be at Doheny at 6:00 am Sunday to secure the area just past the campgrounds (refer to the first post in this thread for a picture). Unfortunately, I have to leave around 8:00 am to take my kids and mother-in-law to church. Will anyone be there by 8:00??? I would hate for someone to park in our spots and have to scatter the vans along the beach. Can anyone relieve me at 8:00? I will be back around 11:30-12:00. If not I may have to leave my van there, somehow block off some spots, and ride my bike back to my house.
P.S. I have some extra food from a party we had in class so I will be bringing extra soda, chips, cookies, etc.
P.S.S. I am also thinking about bringing my Weber down and cooking some tri-tip over mesquite coals. How many people will be there for lunch if I decide to cook up some tri-tip sandwiches?

1982 turbo diesel Westfalia
Lanval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if someone coming to the party could help me out - I need the little catch that holds the door latch shut, for my new overhead cabinet door. The door I bought came with the latch and the hinges, but not the catch.

I have some parts I could trade, if necessary and/or fun. If you've got it, tell me what you need/want and I'll check my stock.

Cap'n, 8:00am is pretty early for me to get there, but I can arrive in the meantime (9-10) and help out anyone else who's there.

I'll try to get there as early as is reasonable.

Best,

Lanval
westy81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap'n: I'll be there to eat your food!

Lanval: I think I got this stuff for you. I pulled this crap off of that PYP van that Nathanael got his cabinets out of, I think. Not sure, though. Would trade for SVX engine-pull-help (Tuesday, @ 12:30pm).
AlanD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to this forum, but plan to attend Sunday. A friend, Doug, with his highly-customized Syncro should be there too.

Thanks.

1989 GoWesty Camper-2.3 L engine-9% higher ratio AT
1999 Subaru Forester
1989 Toyota 4WD Truck
70coupyel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanD wrote:
I am new to this forum, but plan to attend Sunday. A friend, Doug, with his highly-customized Syncro should be there too.

Thanks.

I have a count of 13 vans now. Cool Cool

Captpartytime you have a PM

Glenn

70 KG Coup
83 Westy Waterboxer
Lanval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westy81 wrote:
Cap'n: I'll be there to eat your food!

Lanval: I think I got this stuff for you. I pulled this crap off of that PYP van that Nathanael got his cabinets out of, I think. Not sure, though. Would trade for SVX engine-pull-help (Tuesday, @ 12:30pm).

hmmmm. All I have to do is help you pull an engine and I get a 20 cent latch... sweeeeeet deal! Dancing

Um, throw in the curtain rod, and wait till 2pm, and I think this'll work. Another first for Lanval!

Best,

L
captainpartytime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went down to Doheny Beach today and the park rangers said we are not allowed to save all the spaces using cones or tape. So I think I will be getting down there around 6:00 and setting up my EZ-UP and surfboard in the parking lot. That should work for 3 or 4 spaces. There's about 13 spaces right on the beach and plenty more just behind that. The spot is just past the campgrounds after you cross the bridge. I have to leave around 8:00-8:30 to drive my kids and mother-in-law to church. If anyone can come down and secure our spots until others arrive that would be great. This spot is great because you can walk down the beach and surf, there's bathrooms, horse shoe pits, plenty of tables, fire pits and a BBQ (I think). There's also a nice little boardwalk for riding your bike in either direction (south to San Clemente or north to Dana Point Harbor). My kids/mother-in-law have prevented the tri-tip BBQ as originally planned but I will bring down a couple of 2L bottles of soda, chips, etc. for anyone who comes down empty handed. PM me if you think you can come down early. If I don't see anyone before 8:00 I'll be back around 11:30

1982 turbo diesel Westfalia
McHuntley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a Great Time Guys!
Vinowagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great seeing all the So. Cal krew down at Doheney today! Barely made it back to Torrance though. As soon as I got off the freeway the motor started missing like a plug was loose or something electrical. The engine even shut off for a second. When I shut off the ignition and restarted the van the problem started to go away. Unfortunately, I managed to hit every redlight possible on the way home and had to restart the van 3x. Pulled up to the house and discovered the problem, the left side head is puking coolant all over the street. I haven't been able to check if its just a head gasket or worse. Sad I guess I'll be calling Leon sooner than later. I guess Mabel got jealous of all the Subie equiped Vans and Sycros and she decided to take matters into her own hands (err... wheels). I'll be starting a new post soon...

"The bus come by and I got on, that's where it all began..."

'85 Westy GL (Mabel)
AlanD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Vinowagen had problems; hope you get it fixed soon.

It was a great gathering! I counted 15 vanagons, mostly Westys and several Syncros, plus one Westy guy who just happened to pull in to check out the surf and was surprised to see all of us there.

I have some photos, but it looks like I need to get them somewhere on the Internet before I can include them here, so I will have to work on that.

Thanks to the organizers. Looking forward to the next one.

1989 GoWesty Camper-2.3 L engine-9% higher ratio AT
1999 Subaru Forester
1989 Toyota 4WD Truck
westy81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite surprised by the turn out today!
I'll post photos (and will put a link here) within the next 48 hours or so.
Good to meet everyone!
Garnet
(grey Wolfsburg being SVX'd, hauling girlfriend and 3 kids)
PIRATE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great meeting everyone. nothing better than hanging around talkin van. cant wait for the next one.

cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ohlott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the turn out on the meet was great. I was surprised how many people showed up, the weather could not have been any better.
I enjoyed meeting all of you and I hope we can get together again soon maybe camp one night somewhere. State beach in san clemente campground has a group site that holds 20 cars. Its right on the bluff with nice veiws. Maybe in the future.
Also I forgot my camera if someone could e-mail me a couple of pics that would be great. thanks

[email protected]
ToddWESTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Next time.... Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time! I hope to make the next one and meet some fellow Vanagon junkies.

T
70coupyel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Good Times! Reply with quote

Great to meet all of the VGT folks. There were so many vans that were so personalized. But bonehead me just took my camera out one time and that was it. Confused It's really funny to tell my friends at work what happened and they just look at me with a blank look and say " That's nice". It so nice to get some Vanagon love! Wink I was told 15 vans!! I think that this was a GREAT turnout considering we set the date 11 day out. Folks came as far away from New Mexico! Laughing Another couple came in from Ventura. Wink I will take alot more pics next time.
We all did talk about the next event so stay tuned. I REALYY want to thank Captpartytime for putting forth a big effort on trying to save some beach front spots for us all.Even tho we didn't use the spaces. Applause

Till next time! Glenn

70 KG Coup
83 Westy Waterboxer
pete000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are thesse parties just for Westys or can hard tops show up ?
Koni Shocks
H & R Red Springs
Addco Sway Bars Front-Rear
18 X 7.5 and 18 X 8 OEM Porsche Wheels
Recaro Power-Heated seats
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: