Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Randy Carlson - www.oldbug.com - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcatak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Randy Carlson - www.oldbug.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 1966 vw bug from Randy and after all is said and done I am pleased with my purchase. I may have some work to do to it but i expected it. My car is indeed one of a kind and I'm most certainly not a purist...lol. She 's getting the "royal" treatment though and I would purchase from Randy again w/o hesitation. Very Happy You can see it as it "rolls" away if you are ever near Gulf Shores, Alabama (The Emerald Coast).
Miguel Arroyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard good things about Randy in the past. Personally I have been eyeing a couple of cars he has, I just do not have the place to put them since I live in a condo Sad
mcatak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: live in condo Reply with quote

Idea ok you know those u stor it places? Well I have two bugs holed up in one of those units... where else can I put two cars away for 50.00 a month and they stay un-molested. It all depends on how deep ur desires are...lol Wink
Miguel Arroyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: live in condo Reply with quote

mcatak wrote:
Idea ok you know those u stor it places? Well I have two bugs holed up in one of those units... where else can I put two cars away for 50.00 a month and they stay un-molested. It all depends on how deep ur desires are...lol Wink

Here in the Miami area is closer to $175 a month, and not all of the places allow a car to be stored. Sad
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy really is one of the "good" guys. If you have a problem with Randy........you better check yourself, you're more than likely the problem. Wink
1961bluebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succesful and quick delivery of Albert Mirrors to Europe. Thanks, Jan

|82x94|

1961 Deluxe beetle, 1971 type 181, 1968 T2a Baywindow, 1973 Type 147 "Swiss Fridolin"(sold), 1966 Deluxe sedan (sold), 1983 "Silver Bug" edition (sold), 1961 beetle (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Outland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Eric (VMR) Reply with quote

I purchased or I should say Traded an original 65 sedan and some cash awhile back for a 57 Delux sedan from Randy that he had listed on his site. Randy is a straight shooter, and what really impressed me was his up frontness and honesty about the car I was buying. There where no suprises when I showed up for the car, and The Trade/ transaction went real smooth. Would definately again Purchase From Oldbug.com Thanks Randy.
djC4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased an interior from Randy for my '57. Straight forward and helpful - he dropped 3 boxes off in another city because freight co. did not pick up from his shop in Aguanga. The freight documents were a project, but he was patient and again, helpful. Not only would I recommend him, but I can now see why he has the reputation he does. Would not hesitate to buy from him again (but I'll use a different freight co next time d'oh! ). Thanx again Randy - appreciated! Cheers!
kaikoura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a 66 convertible listed on oldbug's. Randy is a great person to deal with, very straight forward and honest in the presentation of the vehicles he lists.

Couldn't be happier.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never met Randy, but I have tried unsuccessfully to reach him on a couple of occasions. Tried to call him regarding Tim Allen's Bug for a story I wrote on Bug In 33 for my local paper and also left an email regarding how he sets up car sales, as I've got a '63 I'm currently in the process of trying to sell, but no dice.

Does anyone know the best way to reach him, as I've tried both phone and email, and no call backs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can PM Randy on here, he usually responds very quickly.
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and give that a whirl. I would have sort of hoped I woulda gotten a call back from the business number I dialed, but hey, whatever works!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Finding me... Reply with quote

bugnut68...PM sent Wink

This summer has been an insane one for me and I guess Im spreading myself a little thin. Several "special projects" (like Tims car) and the website has been really growing with listings. Plus the mail order biz I run has been strong as well. I try to answer all emails and calls, but admittedly a few slip by. Im pretty much a one man show...so it can be difficult at times. Im sorry if other have had slow responses as well.

Keep on me if you dont get a call back immediately...the squeaky wheel gets the grease! Laughing
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Primo Beer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha Randy Mahalo fast shipping
bugasm Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: fiberglass hood sale Reply with quote

Randy was great to deal with - good communication & prompt payment! We'd never shipped greyhound before and he patiently waited while we figured out if we could from our area. Looking forward to seeing the hood on the car! Cool

Would definitely deal with in the future!
56 Sedan, 57 Sunroof (2), 62 Notch, 65 Cal-look Sedan, 65 Razor Ghia, 65 Baja, 68 Squak, 69 Ghia Coupe, 69 Bus, 69 Empi Imp (#1208),70 Volksrod

***If it isn't on Samba, it doesn't exist!!!***
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Thank YOU Reply with quote

Bugasm... big thanks to YOU for going the extra mile and giving ol Greyhound a shot. I sure hope it makes it in one piece! if not...it's fiberglass...easy to fix. Smile

Lotsa good folks in the VW scene...Im really happy to be considered one of them!! Wink
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alexandre barcelos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Sunstar 1:12 Scale Split Window Beetle Reply with quote

Hi Randy, is not a car...haha

But is a great model replica.

Thanks a lot for attention

Regars from Brazil

Alexandre Very Happy
Timoteo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my swan necks, coat hooks and e-brake handle trim. Excellent service. Thanks Randy
GermanRust52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Albert Swan Neck Mirrors Reply with quote

I bought a pair of Albert Swan Neck mirrors from Oldbug and they are a super high quality reproduction.Excellent product.Thank you Randy.
sploogemeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just completed a deal with Randy. Great guy, easy to work with.
Thanks Randy, hope your "project" goes well!

Sploogemeister
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: