Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

nsracing - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: nsracing - [email protected] Reply with quote

Anyone had good-bad dealings with nick from nsracing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ACSwede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My transaction with nsracing:
- as advertised.
- reasonible pricing.
- responsive.

...recommended!

/ACSwede
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: whooa! Reply with quote

I am not one to screw anyone. I deal straight and to the point.

There are times things will happen and then nothing goes right. I have been there too.

I will tell you then if I have troubles. All I ask is some patience and your trust.

I can deliver what I promise. Why bother saying things when you can't back it up? Wink

Enjoy the motor Jon...and thank you.

Have a nice summer all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dealt with Nick when he bought a bunch of drive gears from me.He's extremely knowlegable on machine work(and VW performance),and a stand-up guy.I wouldn't worry about dealing with him.Paul

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing recently bought a car from me. Good to deal with, he drove a lot of miles to pick it up and paid cash. Thanks Nick!
Steve22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a pair of heads from nsracing, sweet deal, easy transaction. I'll have more work for him in the future.
'73 Sunroof Transporter
EdW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be wary of his pricing from what I've understood. Reliable sources from this site have told me that his prices change even while he's working on your parts. This was pretty much confirmed in an exchange on chat today:

Quote:
nsracing: I only offer prices on the day. I do not hold it for the next day.

nsracing: If you do not commit...then no deal right. If you call next morning..prices have changed.

EdW: So, your prices change daily, man what a honest upstanding businessman

blankmange: so if I called nsr today and requested a quote and said 'lemme check with a couple of other guys'

blankmange: and then called you back tomorrow, the price would be different?

EdW: That's what he's saying Dave

nsracing: yes sir.

blankmange: that would lose my business on the spot

blankmange: whether you think it is wishy-washy or not, that is a poor way to do business
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting perspective....

http://www.eastcoastpra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwchaos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: nsracing---what's the word Reply with quote

I have known Nick for about 3 years. I met him here on the Samba.com & we have talked via email & phone quite often & I’m pleased to call him my friend. He has performed some extreme machine work on a new case for me; it was done perfectly, as discussed for the agreed fee. Since, we have traded parts & cash back & forth for machine work, tools, parts etc. All of our transactions have gone extremely well, I have never seen his shop with regards to it’s square footage; however I’ve seen images of his machinery, all very nice. "his 8x10 garage" -from Mike on the East Coast PRA.com forum I’d have to say his skill & knowledge is far more important to me than the size of his shop. I live in the “corn belt” with “emersonbiggins” & have never met Nick in person yet, although I hope to someday. I can only say the many conversations & transactions we’ve had led me to believe Nick is honest, knowledgeable & fair.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: nsracing---what's the word Reply with quote

My opinion: I do not know, nor do I care, if he is/was machining in a tent or a field for that matter. The proof of the pudding is in the eatin'. I would rather have a knowledgeable and qualified guy do this on a dirt floor then a guy with a $10M shop that has no (_#*#(* clue.

I'm very pleased with what he did for me (several jobs), and will use him again in the future.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had Nick do some machine work on an old case for me.Excellant work.I couldn't be happier. It's nice to see someone who cares about doing things right.
Paul

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had asked for some basic pricing for alignboring, boring, and just a standard price sheet.
I have several shops I do business with and since Nick is nearby I was looking to check out his work.
He just gave me the run around and wouldn't quote ANY prices. not even a ball park price.
Also told me he only does work for his "friends" and couldn't give turn around times for the work.
There is no way I would have someone do work for me without a known price and time frame.

I used to have Shawn at Peek Performance do some machine work for me locally. He always gave me a price and time frame and stuck by it.

Ownership has recently change there, so I'll comment no further.

Last edited by vwinnovator on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the email I got from you Paul, it sounded like you did NOT need any machine work from me since Shawn at Peek is your machine shop already. I had told you that if you were in rush, send it to Peek. I have no desire to siphon work from Peek. I consider Shawn to be a friend. I buy stuff from him all the time.

Also..I am over an hour drive. You will not save money by coming to me considering I am farther out.

I see a lot of tire-kickers all day long..not saying you are but I apologize if I have missed giving you the correct response.
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had my 1641 single port heads done by him yesterday.did really excellent work (put the one head on my bug and it fits like a glove).thanks!!
Messy Jesse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick just did some machine work for me. Great experience! This guy is great to work with. He always responds to his e-mails quickly, and is a wealth of information. The work he did was perfect. I will be sending business his way from now on. He really knows his stuff. I'd rather ship my stuff to him than try to find somebody closer who doesn't have the knowledge, skill, and dedication that he has. Nick rules and I recommend his services.

Thanks Nick!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: