Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vroom, vroom, glog...
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Vroom, vroom, glog... Reply with quote

My 1600 dual port bogs down in 3rd and 4th gears when trying to accelerate (engine #A020537; not sure what year?). I have adjusted the valves and tinkered with the timing everywhere from 10 degrees BTDC to 10 degrees ATDC. Also changed spark plugs, fuel filter, and used a carb cleaner fuel additive.
Any ideas of what might be the problem? Thanks in advance,

Scott
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Vroom, vroom, glog... Reply with quote

i'd like to know what that is as well, my 71 does the same thing, send me a mail when you figure it out if you don't mind.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Vroom, vroom, glog... Reply with quote

Scott,
Check out what carb and distributor you are running. The 34Pict3 carb and Bosch 009 distributor are notorious for a flat spot. What I have read says that the fix is to install a vacuum-advance distributor. Aircooled.net is the only supplier that I am aware of that offers rebuilt vacuum-advance distributors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: