Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Perry Mull 1934-2007
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Perry Mull 1934-2007 Reply with quote

This is just a sad day in the SE VW World.
I just found out that Perry Mull suffered a Massive Heart Attack this morning and is in intensive care at South Ga Medical Center in Valdosta.
Please put his family in your prayers this Thanksgiving week!

If you don't know who he is, Perry was one of the main VW folks down here in South Ga. He had acres full of VWs and had Mull's VW Farm.

Last edited by southeastvw on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davebuckholts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Mull passed away this morning around 4 AM. Please keep his family in your prayers and thoughts. I'll post arrangements when they are known. He'll be missed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWgirl27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he will be missed...
fat boys make me scrub
http://megaenthusiasticaircooledteam.com/ M.E.A.T., it's more than just a joke....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of him.. But our prayer and thoughts are with his family on this time of sadness ..
vwjosh6070
Driveway Camper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn.... he will be missed for sure. my dad bought a 74 bus from him a few years ago. really nice guy, and definately a great loss to our community.

1973 Transporter "Floyd"

****Wheres my old bus?! 1967 Montgomery Ward Camper****

KI4MXO
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Jacobs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept my first car a 67 bug going from parts at his shop and in his junk yard. Man, he was just at BugJam selling parts like always.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWgirl27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy and Dave, if you hear of an address to send things too let me know.
fat boys make me scrub
http://megaenthusiasticaircooledteam.com/ M.E.A.T., it's more than just a joke....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I know the details I will pass it on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you will be attending the viewing or the Funeral, please show up in a VW. You know he would have wanted it that way.

Perry Mull, 73, of Valdosta died on Thursday, November 22, 2007. Born on August 15, 1934, in Morganton, North Carolina, he was the son of the late Vester and Lura Mull. Mr. Mull was a retired Master Sergeant from the U. S. Air Force. He had served with the Air Force during the Vietnam Era. He enjoyed helping others and was an active member of New Bethel Baptist Church where he sang in the choir. Mr. Mull was known as the “Volkswagen King” and he was a self-taught successful entrepreneur. He was also known as being a wonderful husband, daddy, PaPa and friend. Perry was a true giving person and a man who loved the Lord with all his heart and soul.

Survivors are his wife, Mary Ann Wilson Mull of Valdosta; daughters and son in law, Sandi Mull Taylor of Valdosta; Melissa Mull Kendrick and Jason Kendrick of Naples, Florida; grandchildren, Jacie Taylor of Valdosta, Kason Kendrick of Naples, Florida; sister, Gloria Martin of Hickory, North Carolina, brother in law, Arthur Powell of Alexandria, Virginia, sister in law, Lenner Mull of Valdese, North Carolina; several nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Sunday, November 25, 2007, at 2 p.m. at New Bethel Baptist Church. Reverend Jim Schappaugh, a longtime friend, will officiate and Reverend Jeff Fletcher, pastor of New Bethel, will assist with the services. Mr. Mull will lie in state at the church for one hour prior to service time. Burial will follow at New Bethel Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Carson McLane Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the New Bethel Baptist Church Building Fund. Condolences may be conveyed online at www.mclanefuneralservices.com.
SHSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a good feller.
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and I and a few other VW folks went to the services yesterday.
The pastor had Dave and me park right in front of the church with the buses and said that is what he would have wanted.
It was a good service and he had a Air Force salute outside in the Cemetary with TAPS as well.
VWgirl27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry we missed it, but we are still in Atlanta with Mike's family. I still can't believe it, especially since we just saw him.
fat boys make me scrub
vivoip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Perry Mull 1934-2007 Reply with quote

I know perry every year from 1992-1996! He very cool man. He always stay in faith his VW FARM! He bough used 1969 VW GHia for me that he know I come visit every year spring break! HE was nice deal for me and help me switch engine. I never forget him still today! I m from Quebec.
I miss him. I have picture of him I will post soon.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Perry Mull 1934-2007 Reply with quote

Looking through old stuff, came across this. Never met the man but it's good to see he was respected.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: