Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oldbug Road Trip
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldbug.com
Pheasant Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Mario? Reply with quote

Who the heck is Mario?

I dont get it...is he the guy that butchered the repair on the lady's Super Beetle?
951-795-1175
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scott H
Samba Luddite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mario? Reply with quote

Oldbug.com wrote:
Who the heck is Mario?

I dont get it...is he the guy that butchered the repair on the lady's Super Beetle?

Yes, that's him.
Rad-Ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Makin tracks... Reply with quote

d-rick wrote:
Oldbug.com wrote:
Well...I left Topeka Kansas early this morning and just landed for the night in Kentucky, just shy of the West Virginia border...about 800+ miles.

Hauling a Kansas find double door standard Bus that is going to NC for it's "de-crustification" (and more). Neat Bus.

I spotted a split screen van at a place called Lance Motor Investments (or something like that) off of the highway...packed to the gills with American Iron and this one splitty peeking out from the back row. I took a closer look...to bad for me, but there are some parts on it (although someone apparantly stole the drivers door). I will post some photos of it when I finally make it home.

Looking forward to the next day's drive into the Carolinas...never been there.

Big thanks again to Lawrence and his wife...very fun visit (and a comfortable couch!)

Next stop Archdale NC!

Hey Randy I didn't even see this thread as you rolled right though Columbia,MO you could have crashed here oh well. That split with the missing drivers door is in Sweet Springs,MO at exit #66 on I-70 it has been there for years,although the guy who has a nice voice box says "that the door was just stollin a few days ago " every time I ask about it.It can be bought for $300. That low lieing area floods every time it rains so the bus is there but rusty as heck,also flooded last year then frooze! you could kind of see the roof a bit.
I drive past that place 2 times a day on my route.Glad you had a good safe trip,sorry I missed the tread.
Later,Daniel

I missed this thread also, I'm right off 70 HWY 15 minutes down 291 in Lee's Summit.
Glad I found this thread though cause you talked about my side project, the rusty bus sitting at Lance auto. When I first moved to MO from NJ six years ago I saw that bus also, but it was in Bates City at the time before he moved to Sweet Springs. There was a white bus sitting beside that one at one time but someone had purchased it when I stopped back in. I called him every once in a while over the past few years to see if he still had it. Then finally this X-mas I had some spending money and decided to give in and give him the $$$. So here shortly I'll be towing the beast home!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawd damn glad sombody bought that thing, now I can look at something else when I pass by there on my route. He has a bug or two I think.
YOu going to part that bus or roll it?
Good luck
-D
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
Rad-Ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Daniel,
I'm going to save it. My 9 year old son loves riding in my 56' panel and is always drawing pictures of it. So I figure I'd pick it up and slowly work on it, maybe it will be his by the time he starts driving. I'll be picking it up Saturday to bring home.
I see that you find some buses here and there, do know about any driver side doors lying around? The last time I talked to Charlie he said that somebody stole the door. But I remember him telling me the guy that bought the white bus that sat beside it had got it to repair the door on the one he bought.

Frank
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal on stepping up and saving that bus. I don't have any extra doors but you could try B & C down in Freeburg,MO they still have a handful of splits left.
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: