Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless Ghia bumpers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Achilles3588
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banzai KG wrote:
Nice ride delrio63 Very Happy

X2. Great Florida color!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
delrio63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy
Would you believe that paint is about 11 years old. Original color!
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I am thinking of to buy a set of these bumpers. You guys that already has a set....are you satisfied and will recommend it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
delrio63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been completely satisfied with these bumpers and would recommend them. I bought direct from Harrington Group through their eBay store and it took about 3 weeks for delivery. I think Mike from House of Ghia is a distributor locally (U.S.)
Dont forget you will need to purchase the rubber fittings and gaskets separately.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now fitted my Harrington Stainless Steel bumpers. I’ve not included any pictures, as it will not add anything you can’t already see on other posts added over the last 4 or 5 months, the cosmetic appearance is fine.

Although my car left the factory with US spec bumpers I went for the cleaner looking Euro spec version. The bumpers are good, the blades fit together well and my only real issues with them are the overriders. A couple of them didn't sit exactly upright and I had to adjust them with a file and grinder to get them to sit correctly.

The bumpers come with the correct M8 bolts to join the 3 piece blades together but the ones for the front overriders were too short, as they didn't take account of the bumper spacers (not included). You'll need an assortment of M8 bolts of varying lengths for fitting to the hangers and front and rear wings, to complete the installation. Also needed is the overrider to blade soft plastic seals.

As stated elsewhere on this topic they won't be for everyone as at the moment they are not accurate enough repros for a concours car but will probably fool 95% of those who see them.

I bought mine through Mike Gregory at The House of Ghia but the bumpers were be sent direct from Viet Nam. They arrived in 5 days...shipping traceable at every stage through DHL. Packaging was excellent and they arrived in perfect condition.

Mike tells me Harringtons have invested in new tooling which should help improve shape and fit. Over the last year there seems to have been a steady improvement in quality since Thom reviewed them on his VintageBus.com website. Thom’s set were poor, they have improved considerably since then.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ovalboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had some of the same minor aggravations as I did. Not enough to toss them aside, but just enough to tweek your temper a little. I'm still very happy with the overal fit/finish of mine. Yours look very nice as well (pics from another topic).
surf4321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: SSBumpers.com The Truth!!!! Reply with quote

Harrington Group wrote:
Dear all,

Very interesting post.
This is Nathan Redfearn, M.D. of Harrington Group.

It makes me laugh to see Jason Potratz is up to his same old tricks!

He is a self confessed Lord of the rings geek!?!

In comparison Jason works on his computer by himself in his little apartment vindictively trying to attack us! Just because we do not want him working for us.

You guessed it, Jason has now teamed up with two ex members of staff, somehow they have stolen one of our body shells, and they are trying to rip us off with that also.

Honestly Jason, it is very flattering that you copy everything we do, but surely a little sad for a grown man?

We are a big company now- we will sit back and watch!

Sorry folks if this appears to be a rant and rave, however I do object to lies being told about us and our company. Down a muddy lane on the outskirts of Saigon, you will find a filthy, noisy little 30 square metre workshop with a load of teenagers hammering away under the guidance of 2 old guys- This is SSbumpers. Please do not confuse us with them. We share nothing with this ficticous company- apart from a [b]resentful ex member of staff.
[/b]

Kind regards

Nathan Redfearn

Harrington Group[url][/url]

I can understand why his workers would leave him and try to work on there own. I talked with the owner some time ago and he is a very unpleasant man…he is very cocky, arrogant, and talks to you in a condescending tone …like he is mister successful business man and your not! If he is unpleasant with a potential customer just imagine how he acts toward his employees!

Even if you dealt with him and asked no questions (questions make him mad) I am sure you can tell how impersonal he is.

-Joe-
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: SSBumpers.com The Truth!!!! Reply with quote

surf4321 wrote:
I can understand why his workers would leave him and try to work on there own. I talked with the owner some time ago and he is a very unpleasant man…he is very cocky, arrogant, and talks to you in a condescending tone …like he is mister successful business man and your not! If he is unpleasant with a potential customer just imagine how he acts toward his employees!

Even if you dealt with him and asked no questions (questions make him mad) I am sure you can tell how impersonal he is.

-Joe-

I find it more than a little irritating that you should come here without establishing any sort of credentials, ID or location apart signing yourself "Joe" and expect us to take what you say as a credible comment on Nathan Redfern's customer relations.

You certainly seem to be a very insightful person, having apparently spoken to him briefly and now fully understanding how he treats his workers.

I suggest you go back and re-read your post and think how what you have written could appear to be "cocky, arrogant, and condescending."

I take it you haven't anything constructive to add to this topic about the quality of the Stainless Steel Bumpers he sells?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surf4321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: SSBumpers.com The Truth!!!! Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
surf4321 wrote:

-Joe-

I find it more than a little irritating that you should come here without establishing any sort of credentials, ID or location apart signing yourself "Joe" and expect us to take what you say as a credible comment on Nathan Redfern's customer relations.

You certainly seem to be a very insightful person, having apparently spoken to him briefly and now fully understanding how he treats his workers.

I suggest you go back and re-read your post and think how what you have written could appear to be "cocky, arrogant, and condescending."

I take it you haven't anything constructive to add to this topic about the quality of the Stainless Steel Bumpers he sells?

You don't need credentials... just look at his post...calling a person a "lord of the rings geek" among other low blows. Or maybe you can't see that he is an unpleasant man because your one too..."birds of a feather flock together!"

I have to say that his bumpers do look nice though... Wink
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: SSBumpers.com The Truth!!!! Reply with quote

surf4321 wrote:

You don't need credentials... just look at his post...calling a person a "lord of the rings geek" among other low blows. Or maybe you can't see that he is an unpleasant man because your one too..."birds of a feather flock together!"

I have to say that his bumpers do look nice though... Wink

Maybe not but the place for comments of this sort are on the Sellers/Buyers Feedback Forum.

Nathan's post is of the knee-jerk kind and you'll notice he hasn't posted anything of a personal nature since that post. That's partly because he took advice from people on this forum.

The reasons for my comments about your post here were simply that you're not known. You could in the nature of other post here have "an axe to grind" we don't know of...maybe you're in the business of manufacturing Stainless Steel Bumpers and live in Viet Nam. Wink
Scott@KGPR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Vietnam last year just to check it out and met Nathan when I was there. I found him to be a very pleasant and up front kind of person. I also examined the Ghia Bumpers. They look great from about 6-7 feet away. Would satisfy some people but I chose to pass on bringing them in. The biggest problem is that I sell the bumpers by the piece and many of these will not interchange because of all the hand work. Later I made contact with two other people from Vietnam who apparently worked for Nathan and were now trying to undercut him. That is what I know, first hand.
Scott
KGPR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 70 - 73 modifications Reply with quote

DaddyGo wrote:
Mike (HoG):

The website for these bumpers says that for 70-73 applications, the mount has to be modified. If you get a chance to check this out, let us know how much modification is required.

btw - I'd like to buy a set from you as soon as they are available. I have priced out the rechroming of mine versus buying these and its tough not to buy the stainless. ( in California... its $400 to $550 per bumper for rechroming, and I'm told you get what you pay for... meaning the less expensive, the cheaper the chrome job)

I just got a price of $300 a section to have a front bumper re-chromed Mad , so with any metal work needed it turns into a real expensive prospect, might have to paint my old ones until I can save Rolling Eyes
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, surf4321, you almost fooled me Rolling Eyes

This entire bumper drama is retarded. There are mulitple different groups pointing fingers and airing their PERSONAL BUSINESS issues in public. Every business has a riff of sorts, I sure as hell don't care to read about it.

What I see is a bunch of unprofessional people that I wouldn't want to deal with.

IMO, from the photos I have seen, the bumpers look like shit for the price.
Scott@KGPR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say, "Nice call John Moxon", for calling for the appropriate amount of weight given to comments made by unknowns. I am on this particular forum vary rarely as I spend most of my forum time on the Airhead Parts forum (just good for business), but several of you know I have been doing KGs as my main business for 20 years.

Now if I may state our policy on bombers: We charge about $150 a blade to Rechrome them with an acceptable trade in. You are quarantined to get a very good quality piece back, I would say on par with the German repros now offered by us as well. We send it out in batches and get the lowest commercial rate and then only sell what comes back right (there's about 10%-15% rejects). This takes the gamble out of doing your own and the chrome shop giving you back a piece or two that is unacceptable and saying, "We did the best with what you gave us, now pay us".

It is a drama as there is a lot of money involved concerning bumpers. It will not be so bad when the dollar is stronger or the guy in Germany sells me his tooling.

Scott
KGPR
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott@KGPR wrote:
It will not be so bad when the dollar is stronger or the guy in Germany sells me his tooling.

Scott
KGPR

That seems like the best option - both for you and the consumers. A well made product by someone with an eye for accuracy, and whom doesn't air their human resources issues in a public forum.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so now if all the drama is over, everythingalfa has a set of fat chick bumpers, in stainless, available on ebay, they also have some stuff listed inteh forums here (more stainless bumpers). Has anyone bought from them before? Seeing as how most of the complaints about the earlier bumpers dealt with component fit, a one piece bumper should be fine. I emailed them directly about fit, finish, and satisfaction guarantee, but I'm waiting to hear back (I sent it like 2 minutes ago).

Check them out and let me know what you think
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...0225916520

Once that expires you should be able to find them through their ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Everything-Alfa
ovalboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwdevotee wrote:
ok, so now if all the drama is over, everythingalfa has a set of fat chick bumpers, in stainless, available on ebay, they also have some stuff listed inteh forums here (more stainless bumpers). Has anyone bought from them before? Seeing as how most of the complaints about the earlier bumpers dealt with component fit, a one piece bumper should be fine. I emailed them directly about fit, finish, and satisfaction guarantee, but I'm waiting to hear back (I sent it like 2 minutes ago).

Check them out and let me know what you think
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...0225916520

Once that expires you should be able to find them through their ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Everything-Alfa

oh jeez.. don't let Thom see this Anxious (just kidding with you, Thom)

I bought mine from Everythingalfa. They were very helpful and willing to work with me. I spoke with the owner regarding the concerns expressed by everyone in this post, and he assured me that if there were any problems, I could ship directly back to him and he would take care of me. I was very happy with his level of service.
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a one piece bumper should be fine.

Hmm. How about a pre-May 1956 one-piece bumper? (and guards!)
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
floridaguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody purchased bumpers from sgbumperscar (PTT bumpers) http://www.sgbumperscar.com/ Looking for some feedback

Thanks
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't get the links to work on their website...which doesn't fill you with confidence. Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 42

Jump to: