Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WHEEL/TIRE STOCK FENDER LIMITS?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LISA O.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: WHEEL/TIRE STOCK FENDER LIMITS? Reply with quote

I need help with the size of tires to fit under my Thing stock fenders. I am going from 14 to 15" on the rims. My friend tried some on for me and we found 26" diameter to fit pretty well. I asked at Costco for an all terrain 15 tire no bigger than 26" and they said the only thing he has that is close is P205 75 R15 which is 27.1" in diameter. Will these be too big? Will they rub? Any suggestions? I am trying to get a little lift and clearance for the off road without doing a lift or modify the suspension or fenders. Also, want to keep with the AT tires as I do on and off road and like the AT tread/ride. Thanks for your help! Lisa
Big Luni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this link. I went w/ the 205 75 15s on a 15x5.5 chrome rim.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59171
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: