Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help I need surgery, I can’t get rid of my smile…
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fathing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Help I need surgery, I can’t get rid of my smile… Reply with quote

Tonight I will go to bed with a huge smile on my face, I just got my wheel and tire set-up on my Thing. Previously I installed heavy duty JKM adjusters on my front beam and turned the centre by one notch (about 3 mm) and the rear end was lifted conventionally by turning the torsion bars to a total of 29° down, 7° 30’ more than original. The tyres I run are 195/15 on 6x15” up front with an off set of 26mm and 215/15 on 7x15”.off set 16mm in the back. This combo works perfectly, it fills the wheel wells perfect and I don’t need wider fenders in the back. (I don’t like the look of them). This raised my Thing by over 15 cm or almost 6 “. I will post pictures as soon as I took some. Help I need surgery, I can’t get rid of my smile…

Greetings Dominique Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rfoutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see the pictures!

I know what you mean, it is so nice when a plan coms together!

Randy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74ThingMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: xcvbxcv Reply with quote

sounds sweet. i think if your not going to be offroading things look very sexy lowered do you agree?
fathing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike I agree fully, but even though I will not do extensive off roading I like my Thing higher. Lowered Things look totally cool but I have a lowered Bug

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/153751.jpg

and one lowered VW is enough. The difference is, I use my Bug to go on shows, occasionally to go to work but that’s about it. I ride the bump stops if my kids are in the back seat and my wife has to go on the toilet every 300 yards (so to speak) Rolling Eyes .
Now with my Thing, I enjoy the open ride, it has 4 doors (one for each family member) and therefore it makes the perfect summer weekend driver. The suspension is high enough to drive near a lake, without the need to go to a dentist afterwards.

But other than that they definitely look cool and they are very easy to lower too. Just switch to a bug suspension up front and your thing sits in the weeds.

Cheers Dom Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: