Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sad sighting...early Bus rolled in San Jose/Santa Clara
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banzai KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Sad sighting...early Bus rolled in San Jose/Santa Clara Reply with quote

Any one you San Jose/Santa Clara Type II owners know of an early pre-60 blue/white panel bus?.
I was driving my Ghia for an early morning drive thru Hwy. 9 to Skyline Blvd., to Bear Creek Rd., to Hwy 17, to Hwy. 85 and exited onto Saratoga Ave.
When I got to the stoplight at Quito Rd. & Saratoga Ave. at approximately 3:00am this morning, I noticed about 3 police/CHP cars with their lights on and figured they pulled over a drunk driver or so on northbound Quito Rd/Lawrence Expwy. As I was turning onto Quito Rd./Lawrence Expwy. and was driving by...it was an early (small round taillights) stock looking two-tone Blue/White Bus that has rolled onto its roof off the side of the road in the bushes.
Such a sad sighting to see that....one less Type II to see at the upcoming BYOB - Bring Your Own Bus and Kelley Park show weekend coming up next weekend Sad Sad Sad
V.V.W.C.A. - Golden Gate Chapter: http://www.ggcvvwca.org/
B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club (San Jose/Santa Clara, CA): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bltnvw/
NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG) Facebook Goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAGVW/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SHSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 a.m. is an early morning drive, sounds like a late night drive!

It could still be there, in the swap section. There is a bus here in Sacramento that I saw flipped over and it still drives around though. Although the guy that owns it doesn't do much to help, it does still get around.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god i hope its not this beauty. It sucks for anyone but this panel first comes to mind from the description
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=7297
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Banzai KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfektenemy wrote:
Oh god i hope its not this beauty. It sucks for anyone but this panel first comes to mind from the description
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=7297

No...it's not that one. The one I saw was a little darker blue and wasn't slammed, has the stock height.
V.V.W.C.A. - Golden Gate Chapter: http://www.ggcvvwca.org/
B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club (San Jose/Santa Clara, CA): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bltnvw/
NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG) Facebook Goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAGVW/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
vwkombi1966
Padawon Learner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn! that's tradgic! :puppydogeyes:

- 1968 Squareback (Scarlett)
- 1969 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major bummer...and that intersection isn't far from me, either! Wow, I wonder whose it was. Crying or Very sad I can't think of whose it might be...all the ones that come to mind aren't from that era.

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Friedpotatoes
Addicted4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was one guy at kelly park 2 years ago it was rolled so one sidelooked like it had a bad bed head

the guy still drove it didnt care it was flatter on one side and the door woudlnt open

it was sad to see it smashe but good to see the guy didnt mind
NorCalLowLife209
Mr. Saran Wrap

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that kelly park show mostly buses?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friedpotatoes wrote:
there was one guy at kelly park 2 years ago it was rolled so one sidelooked like it had a bad bed head

the guy still drove it didnt care it was flatter on one side and the door woudlnt open

it was sad to see it smashed but good to see the guy didnt mind

Yeah. I know which one you're talkin about. The kid's on crack...name of Weeble. Total idiot and needs to have his drivers license taken away. Last I heard, he was drag racing. At least there's no corners.

As for Kelley Park...no, KP is all types. BYOB is the bus show.

-Taylor

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: