Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

external oil pressure relief valve
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hipowerbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: external oil pressure relief valve Reply with quote

iam installing an external oil pressures relief valve like on of those jaycee units my question is what other mods do i have to do to the case. i have already plug the orifice on the pressure rellef valve and drill and tapped the sump and were can i find that pressure valve i know jaycee sells it the help would be greatly appreciated
Muffler Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just covered a little of this on my web page recently.

But when you say you plugged the orfice, i am assuming you pluged the relief hole for the piston on the one closest to the pulley. right?
This is the control for the oil cooler ports.

what you also need to do is block off the piston by the flywheel too. I did this by using two pistons, one upside down and locking them down with an adjustable plug.

The control pill, Jack is about the only game in town at the moment that i know. IF he still has any. There is one other place but when i checked their catalog last, it didnt look like they offered it any more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hipowerbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: external oil pressure releif valve Reply with quote

thanks that is what i was hoping to hear thanks muffler mike
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: