Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas Sender Unit
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pbotsonis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Gas Sender Unit Reply with quote

My gas gauge is off. Is there any adjustments on the sender unit, or does it need to be replaced. On my 67 bug there is an adjustment screw. I did not see one on the Thing.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The float rod can be adjusted by removing the sender and bending the rod that holds the float. I have had units that would only work at certain levels. A beetle unit will work but will not have the stud at top to bolt the cover on. you can hold the cover on with double sided tape
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian Epperson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be in the guage "vibrator" no longer "vibrating" - which it does to make the correct voltage for the gauge. It's pretty rare to have the float just stop reading correctly - nothing should ever contact it, that rod should never become bent. However, the "vibrator" will often fail causing the gauge to read incorrectly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mattt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing it could be is if the vibrator is no longer securely attached to the speedo, where it gets a good solid ground. If the vibrator is not grounded, you will see inaccurate gauge readings.......and may run out of gas! Ask me how I know, more than once..... Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: