Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help with Vacuume lines
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrafindley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Help with Vacuume lines Reply with quote

Ok I can see where all the vacuume lines go except for the egr valve any help on this? I searched the gallery to page 92 and got tired of looking
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://w2.wolfsburgii.com/downloads.htm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the front of the valve should be a vacumn port at the base of the carb. The hose will only be about 5 in. long
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrafindley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only ports I see are the one on the intake that goes to the breather. The one on the leftside of the carb in the middle that goes to the advance. And the one behind the egr in the middle of the carb at the rear I see no where for the egr to plug into It dont really matter when I had the intake off cleaning all the carbon out of the heat risers i welded the hole shut anyways but I still want it to look like it is still working. No inspections here

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there should be a nipple on the carb base pointing up at an angle, this is for the EGR. if the nipple is missing you have the wrong carb. there are many variations of the 34-pict 3.
mrafindley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that makes me wonder if i have the right distributor then

germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the distributor is right.
mrafindley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not my motor I just purchased a distributor that is dual advance. Mine has a 009 in it right now but ups should bring one to me tomorrow so hopefully no more flat spot. and a nice clean idle if not the dizzy goes to gleen for help and carb will go to kiefernet for help. I am getting tired of driving with 3 feet once the engine gets warm.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: