Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

longer studs at FLAPS?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: longer studs at FLAPS? Reply with quote

can longer lugs be had at local FLAPS, if so what do i ask for, i know the length i want, but what else should i ask for. i know if i call for vanagon lugs they will just say no.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
82WestyMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you need longer studs but i'm sure if you've any searches on this, you've probably seen Loogy's name mentioned more than once.
I just finished a wheel upgrade on my Westy and after a lot of research, both locally and on the web, Loogy had the right parts at the right price but more importantly, the right information AND the right customer service.
Unless you need them right now because your van is on fire and longer stubs will put it out... get your studs (and any other hardware for non stock wheels) from Loogy
You won't regret it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82WestyMan wrote:
Not sure why you need longer studs but i'm sure if you've any searches on this, you've probably seen Loogy's name mentioned more than once.
I just finished a wheel upgrade on my Westy and after a lot of research, both locally and on the web, Loogy had the right parts at the right price but more importantly, the right information AND the right customer service.
Unless you need them right now because your van is on fire and longer stubs will put it out... get your studs (and any other hardware for non stock wheels) from Loogy
You won't regret it

yeah, i know, i bought my lug nuts from loogy. i just would like to get them now since i'm trying to finish up a job so i can get my van back off jack stands. i will most likely get them from van cafe if they have the length i'm looking for, they are like 45 minutes from my house and anything they ship to me arrives next day...with cookies!

but, i would be much happier if i could finish it today, hence the question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
foodeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a 45 minute drive up to van cafe, problem solved.
'87 Vanagon Syncro-RIP
'81 diesel rabbit-sold
'82 Vanagon auto-RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwlovr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foodeater wrote:
Take a 45 minute drive up to van cafe, problem solved.

well, not really, they aren't open on the weekends. i was asking because i wanted to finish the job on sunday Wink

that said, i've aready ordered some from them and they will be here tomorrow. besides even on my 45 mpg motorcycle, i'm still better off having it delivered. taking off for 3-4 hours during weekday business hours isn't that easy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: