Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

buggy Seat bracket and cutting brake support/mount
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: buggy Seat bracket and cutting brake support/mount Reply with quote

Here's a few pictures of the bracket I fabricated to support the back of my seat brackets and to support the cutting brake assembly. I'm using the supplied Beard seat bracket, modified in the rear. This bracket ties into the 3" lift kit made from 2x3 rectangular tube, and through the floor on either side of the control tunnel.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A total of 19 pieces make up this assembly of 1x3 retangular tube and 3/16" steel.

I didn't like how the seats laid back, so the bracket helps tilt them forward somewhat. Tabs on the rear of the Beard bracket had to be cut off and moved to a "pigeon toed" position.

There is also some latitudinal stiffness that is a side effect of this installation
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: