Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 Paint decal
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stroker1949
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: 1966 Paint decal Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hi All, Can someone tell me which is the correct paint decal for my 66 bug. The decal in pic is the original one I took of with a heat gun. Was told by the original owner (who purchased it in the town we live in now) that the car is original. I've been doing my best to keep it that way, restoring and making it look like it looked when it came off the showroom floor. Still 6 volt,1300cc. I could go on and on but back to the decal.
Emailed a guy on samba about the paint decal. He replied saying he had 2 that I could select from. I replied, send me a pic of what you got and this is what he emailed me file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/JNHGFKNN/decals%20001.jpg Now after seeing his two and my one I now have 3 different decals to chose from. Kinda leaning toured the one I took of my bug. Any help out there that can help me decide which one I should chose. Thanks
[/list][/code][/url]
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your car is just plain stupid.

Stupid nice, that is Wink ! VERY nice looking car from what I can see. I applaud your desire to keep it original Applause . Your link didnt work for me. I know there are some spot-on repro paint code stickers (or were, anyway...) I'm not sure which color codes were available (not all were Sad ). Perhaps worth spending a little time at the "search" button.

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stroker1949
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I figured it out. You can tell I'm new to all this computer stuff. Stay with me guy's

67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither appear correct. "Seesand" is not capitalized in the original - however, at least in the second option, it's all one word - as in the original.

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stroker1949
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my original it's spelled as one word "seesand L568" In the 2 that's being offered to me is spelled using two words "sea sand L568" And like you say the last is spelled with a capital S. Would I be safe to say that mine is the original and that it's spelled "seesand" and not "sea sand" with two words.
thank
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stroker1949 wrote:
On my original it's spelled as one word "seesand L568" In the 2 that's being offered to me is spelled using two words "sea sand L568" And like you say the last is spelled with a capital S. Would I be safe to say that mine is the original and that it's spelled "seesand" and not "sea sand" with two words.
thank

That would be a very safe assumption to make.

I always find it amazing when people / companies go through SO MUCH effort to repo a product and then fall flat on their face at the finish line, such as capitalizing the "S" in the paint code decal. Do your homework before you produce and make a quality item that is correct.
IF someone would take a good heavy press and take the time to make a quality fender die, the VW world (literally the entire WORLD) would beat a path to his companies door. SO many companies go just so far in stamping a fender and stop just short. Go ahead, do it right and also charge the money, people will pay it. Look at WOLF Parts in Sweden for example
http://www.wolfparts.com/
Quality parts, very high quality parts, now if he'd only go into proper fender repos......

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scott s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one for my L456 Ruben Rot '63 several years ago, but for the life of me, I can't remember who was making them at the time.... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Agave58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did VW start putting the paint code decals on the Beetles? I don't see any indication that my 58 had one?
Jamestown, New York 14701
Stateside Imported Cars/Motors Items Wanted

Sunland Motors
2030 Fremont St Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunland Motors Items Wanted
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agave wrote:
When did VW start putting the paint code decals on the Beetles? I don't see any indication that my 58 had one?

I cannot say for sure about '58, but I know they had them in '59

DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Jim:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=664063

Tell him how you want it, his decals are made one at a time.
Agave58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody with a 58, or 59 that has the factory paint decal? I would like to know when these were first used?
Jamestown, New York 14701
Stateside Imported Cars/Motors Items Wanted

Sunland Motors
2030 Fremont St Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunland Motors Items Wanted
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2274269 (home market '59) had a paint decal...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: