Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mikmalone - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mikmalone
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 04, 2021
mikmalone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I sent your refund a couple of years ago. Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hlwimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mik: i've nothing to hide (i'm not the one with a feedback thread from folks who've had problems)... however, apparently, you've gone back and asked several folks to change their feedback about you... by my account, this is revisionist history and is not honest.

to set the record straight, i've attached the notes i've received from you -- and my response...

--

To: hlwimmer (Hidden)
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:15 am
Subject: FEEDBACK
WIMMER IM TRYING TO GET MY FEEDBACK CLEANED UP. WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO DO ME A FAVOR AND ASK EVERETT TO WITHDRAW THE FEEDBACK YOU LEFT ME. I SPOKE WITH HIM ABOUT IT AND HE WILL WITHDRW IT IF YOU AND I WORK THIS OUT. I WAS COMPLETELY HONEST WITH YOU. I REALLY DID SEND THAT BREATHER THREE TIMES. THANK YOU, MIK

--

To: hlwimmer (Hidden)
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:21 am
Subject: feedback
Hi, I HONESTLY did get your breather box out on time and was not lying about it, It did come back and I ended up spending close to $14 on shipping. I really was trying to help you. I am not lieing about that. Belive what you want. I am an honest guy. Im sure you saw my feedback and got the wrong imprsession. Most of my feeddback is from guys who overreacted. I sold thousands of items on the samba before that. Ive been on for years. That was a wildfire that got started by a few guys. Im trying to get it put out now before It gos any further. I do not like have a bad name. I am very honest. So I am trying to clean up my feedback. And since you were inconvineinced so much I would like to compensate you for that. I would like to send you $50 for all your trouble. If I do that will you send an mail to Everett Barns and tell him we resolved this issue and you would like to withdraw your feedback you left for me. I have spoke with everett about this and he said that would be fine. Please let me know. Thank you. Mik

--

Date: January 1, 2008 12:21:05 PM PST
To: hunter@___.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re:

Why did you leave me such nasty feedback. I did not lie to you. I was honest. I only put that part out for $10 to have some fun by giving somone a good deal. Fun. I dont make any money selling parts for $10 shipped. It was for fun. Good carma. And I even paid the shipping for you. Which turned out to be several times and over ten dollars. It was a fluke that it happened like it did. I dont normally have such bad luck with an item. You made me look so bad over a ten dollar item and I even paid the shipping for you as a favor. I didnt have to pay the shipping. I could have said throw in a few bucks for shipping and paypal if I wanted to. I was trying to do you a favor. I sold hundreds of items on samba and most well in the hundred dollar range. I dont need to lie about a ten dollar item.

--

and my response...

Subject: mik malone
Date: January 1, 2008 3:19:07 PM PST
To: [email protected]

mik: i appreciate your honest and sincere emails (quite a few of them). you've listed your version of the facts, i'm listing mine below as i did in the forum response which was more than accurate.

-- the part was $20 with shipping included (as advertised), not $10...

-- the transaction was nearly 2 years ago...

-- it took over 5 weeks to receive a part the size of a beer can that weighed under one pound. USPS will deliver this for $4.60 in two days... if you needed more money for shipping, you only needed to ask for it, but to be honest, $15 for the part and $5 for shipping was more than fair.

-- if the feedback you're referring to is this thread (http://tinyurl.com/ywun43), then my response was honest and accurate account of the transaction from my point-of-view and i have no intention of asking everett to remove it.

-- it doesn't matter how many times it came back or how much it cost to ship. i asked "how much?", you said "$20 with shipping"... that's what i paid. i expected to receive it promptly, which i did not.

-- if you're such a pro and have sold hundreds of items, then (1) how come shipping such a small part was such a fiasco and (2) how come so many other people had similar concerns with your service (those that replied in the thread above)?

-- the last email i received from you, you offered me $50 to have everett remove the honest and accurate feedback in the forum... is this a bribe? very bad form.

while it's great that you seem to have landed on your feet and are trying to clear up your name, the past is the past and the truth is, well... the truth. i'm not a fan of revisionist history. and as stated, the feedback was a fair and honest account of the transaction from my point-of-view.

my own recommendation -- take it or leave it -- is to (1) please, please, please stop pestering me and (2) simply try to reestablish yourself an a trustworthy and responsible seller by selling quality parts at fair prices and shipping them promptly to the folks who send you money. it's really that simple.

*please* do not contact me gain about this... it's simply getting weird and pathetic at this point.

//hunter
mailman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with this issue his been similar....

Bad transaction literally years ago....then, out of the blue, I get an e-mail this week from Mik, asking me to withdraw my negative feedback and change it to "outstanding positive"...for which Mik offered to refund my $275 purchase price and let me keep the parts.

I'm with hlwimmer on this one. The past is what it is. We can't change that. My feedback was honest then, and it hasn't changed. I like money as much as the next guy, but there are right ways and wrong ways to get it.

I replied to Mik that it sounded to me that he was attempting to buy positive feedback. That's still the way it feels, and that just sits wrong with me. I'm not interested. Mik, please just forget about it. Re-establish a good reputation by doing business as you should.

End of story, from my perspective.
mikmalone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys. I am extrememly embarassed by the bad feedback I've recieved. I know yours both really upset me. I only wanted to sort things out but I guess I lost my head. I shouldnt have reacted the way I did. I'll drop it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
C.C.C.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me start by saying I've read Mik's feedback but after talking to him on the phone for a few minutes it seemed like he genuinely wanted to make up for his past "mishaps" in the classifieds.

I bought a front emblem from Mik for my bus. He described it in great detail. He even refunded me $10 because there was a slight crack near the bottom that he didn't notice until he was packing it up.

I bought it Saturday. He shipped it monday. I got it on wednesday.

The deal couldn't have gone any smoother and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

Thanks again Mik!

-Oldskooler
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a good transaction with mikmalone. He even contacted me to make sure the horn ring I purchased arrived safe and sound.

I wish all sales would go this smoothly! Thanks again.
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some radio faceplates from Mik in two separate transactions - parts were great, shipping was quick. No complaints, now or before. A couple of years ago I got a speaker mount from him and was satisified then too. Thanks Mik!
jl112799
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a decklid from Mik today. A day earlier than I thought I would get it. Perfect transaction. The decklid is just what I needed(mine was...well...garbage). I will look out for his ads more often.

On a side note, this is my very first transaction that I have ever done through a forum. Many more to come because of this one.

Thanks Mik!
Fsuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a Ghia top crank assembly handle from Mik and I am extremely pleased with the transaction. I ordered the part a couple of days ago and it arrived today - it was very well packaged and was exactly as described. The part was in almost NOS condition and was very fairly priced for a hard to find part.
Mik kept me informed of when it was shipped and provided a tracking number. I have to admit when I paid for the part I was nervous because I had read some of the existing feedback postings, but from my perspective that seems to be in the past.
Thank you very much Mik.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kudagra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Ghia Mirror Reply with quote

I purchased a Rear view mirror from him and everything on his end was perfect. We had an issue with a DHL driver being drunk, stupid, or both. He called them as did I and it would seem the driver coudlnt find the huge gray building that UPS, FedEx, and USPS can find. Then when I finally got it it took me about 5 minutes to actually unwrap the mirror from the packing. Bubble wrap and 2 layers of very heavy butcher paper wrapping.

A+ in my book and Ill be watching his stuff in the future (but I have a Beetle Vert...just happens the mirror is the same) Very Happy
mikmalone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Masoud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased a set of early bug popout windows , they were very well packed and sent the same day as i paid for them, very happy with the deal and the Pop outs
Defently will do business with this samba member
Thank you !!
mikmalone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Abarth Glad you like the windows. Cool 52.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a distributor core from Mik and things couldn't of gone better. He was easy to contact, shipped the item quickly and provided a tracking number.

I'll gladly do business again with him.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
mikmalone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Glenn... Glad you liked it.
barnfreshfinds
Banned

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Great transaction and overall seller Reply with quote

I email Mik on weber carb he replied back fast and I sent paypal and sent me tracking info minutes later,,finally another great SAMBA seller who is drama and game free..thank you again Mik

Barnfreshfinds/Michael Boyer
raymon covey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Feed back. Reply with quote

I just purchased a carb form Mik. He shipped it out promptly and fllowed up promptly to make sure that I reveived it. "Thinks, Mik"

Ray
louwestyville
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I ordered a pair of heater boxes from Mik last week. He gave me tracking numbers and they came fast and exactly what I expected. Will order from him again for sure very easy. Thanks Mik!
Later, Paul
DG creations
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a headlight from mik. (a little pricy) but in good shape, packed well and sent out in good time. I will do buisness with him again.
DG
E-boyz67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some parts from him and they were better than he described. For sure if I need parts I'll check him out first. Mahalo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: