Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

am i nuts to buy this syncro? (ZS Imports)
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Z + S Reply with quote

" Thanks you anyways, it is nice to hear that we are not scamming everyone. "

Well maybe not everyone ,but a few for sure. These are your words not mine.

Stacy

I'm still waiting for a reply.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
devesvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that people are expecting way to much from anything even remotly related to the vanagon, as far is that matters type 2s 72 and up is a gamble, period. You are sure to break the bank and break your ass owning these empty-your-pockets-and-drain-your-wallet beasts. These are toys for the big boys, crying will get you nowhere, you will pay your dues sooner than later. People find out very quick just what they're up against at the first sound/blare of the oil light or coolant light or worst of all pissing coolant everywhere. It all starts usually on your way home from buying it! Then there you are, caught like moth in a spiderweb. my hats off to those who have not sold out and have stuck to just vws. but it appears that vw only shops is a kinda risky business to be in and to deal with. i do hope to buy a new td diesel motor soon but being ripped off is my biggest fear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZSI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stacy,

That was a sarcastic comment when I said that... duhhh....We are not out to scam... get that through your little kernel.

Cheers:)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Lanval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZS ~ a bit of advice, if you're willing to listen...

A few happy customers would do much more for your argument than snotty, poorly written posts.

Your reputation is the one you earn, not the one you want ~ so if you're unhappy with what people say about you, start changing the reasons for it. Start with Stacy, and keep going. When you've dealt fairly (and remember, BOTH sides need to be satisfied with the deal) with others, your reputation will reflect that.

Best,

Lanval
droogvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the specifics of Stacy's issue with ZS but it would do well for your reputation to at least address it. Whether she is in the right or wrong just deal with it accordingly. Insults i.e. Stacy's "little kernel" do not speak well for your company and make people very apprehensive about maxing out their charge cards with you.

People have had issues with BusDepot on here before but to BusDepot's credit they seem to always be eager to resolve any issues that come up in the most efficient manner possible. I imagine some matters get resolved and some don't - that's business. But they appear to really stick their neck out for their customers. Being extremely defensive and sarcastic is not the way to build a new customer base.
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you guys are saying, but I hate to educate unethical parties... doesn't it just teach them how to be better at what they do?
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
ZSI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. I said that I am willing to fix this. We are not going to kiss up, if that's what you mean. Sorry. I said we will fix it, and we will. That is all. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Lanval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levi wrote:
I agree with what you guys are saying, but I hate to educate unethical parties... doesn't it just teach them how to be better at what they do?

I'm just setting up for next time ~ having suggested how they might fix this, I'll be in position to use somewhat stronger terms next time they show up with the same pointless drivel...

...it's hard for me to imagine anyone who is thoughtful doing business with ZS, and there *is* one born every minute, so they'll always have some business to do, I guess. If the response above is any indication, attempts to help like my own are slightly less effective than throwing pebbles at a steel wall... Confused

Best,

Lanval
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Z + S Reply with quote

Through all of this, I am still waiting for a reply from Z+S's representative. I have made numerous attempts to have my issues resolved , all have met the same fate. (NO REPLY) .
I invite you to contact me and resolve my issues . This is the chance to right any possible wrongs or make me look like a fool.
I have already listed my grievences in a previous post that was locked up by the moderator,and do not care to do it again.
I will list my information and invite a reply. But only do so if you will actually wish to resolve my issues. If Vic or his Brother is not on site,than you may need to contact them and see how good their memory is.

Stacy Schneider (Actually a Male)
[email protected]
650 722 4914 -- My Business number ,I always have it and always return calls.

I am easy to get a hold of and am a reasonable guy. The ball is in your court.

Good day.
Stacy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Z+S Reply with quote

I think this explains it all.

All VW parts, new and used. Restored VWs, project VWs, and parts cars must go. Make offer. We are going back to Germany. Shop is closing for good. All inventory must go.

I guess this means that after he sells the business he is going to call and rectify his past dealings.
Things that make you go "HMMMMMM"

Stacy
VisPacem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: am i nuts to buy this syncro? Reply with quote

david-peterson wrote:
Hi, I'm Dave. I'm new here and am about to take the plunge and buy this '90 Syncro GL: http://www.zsimports.com/morephotos.htm (scroll to the bottom to see the syncro pics).

There are a couple parts to this - in addition to the obvious one questioning my sanity.

First, do I want to buy any syncro? I'm not looking for a project. Just something to haul people and stuff and wander around the Sierras in the winter without having to bother with chains. My understanding is that if well maintained and gently driven these things are pretty reliable.

The maintainence I can probably figure out from folks here and a local mechanic. The "gently driven" piece is more open ended. I've had underpowered cars before and was fine with them - a 4cyl jeep is 3000lbs and 120hp. But these things are in a different league. How bad is it, really? I'm a patient person though - maybe its just time to learn to be more so.

Second, do I want to buy a syncro from this place? I searched around the forums here and couldn't find many references to Z&S Imports or [email protected] or anything in Pahrump. Seems kind of odd because it looks like they have a lot of stuff that might be interesting to y'all. I talked to folks at Volks... I mean VanCafe and J&R Vans in Reno and they thought the price was reasonable if it was in as good of shape as advertised.

But should I really be getting a 15 year old car from somebody based on some pictures on the internet and a few phone calls. Has anyone here had experience working with the people at Z&S Imports?

I've put down a deposit so I'm mostly committed - or should be commited - and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Any words or wisdom or humor are appreciated.

Thanks

Well I had a Syncro back when I lived in So. Cal. The problem is what you will do with it, Between San Diego and Santa Barbara and Newport and las Vegas I never used the advantages of he Syncro. I just wanted one. >>>My<<< mileage was awful, I was getting better with my Jensen Interceptor (383 V.Eight) at comparable speed. I lost the engine, complete rebuild, then the transmission started to act up. I, before, broke a front CV. The ^$%*$@ dealer wanted $1050.00 for one side.
One more thing, you mentioned Pahrump. I did go there once to buy some parts can't recall the exact location and the place had no name, just a house with a very large yard covered with guess what lots of Vanagons, other VW and some Audi and Mercedes. A shop I suppose, did look like a shop, three of the four blokes there pretty unfriendly, like they wanted me out of there as soon as I has picked up the goods and paid the money. No sign, nothing, a high chain link fence, with huge chain and enormous padlock locked. A strange place if you ask me , but then Pahrump IS a strange place.

No Regrets (Nothing to do with Vanagons)
ZSI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place would not have a name.... We are not open to the public. as there are barely any VW lovers here in Pahrump. Just big ford trucks, and 4x4's. You make it seem like a sneaky operation. We do let people come here and pick up parts you know. But that does not mean that we have to put a big sign and open a dealership in your honor....Sorry.... We have not ripped off enough people to afford that. Just kidding...And yes, Pahrump is a strange place.... alot of murders take place right here in this small town... hey...come on over.
VisPacem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZS_Imports wrote:
This place would not have a name.... We are not open to the public. as there are barely any VW lovers here in Pahrump. Just big ford trucks, and 4x4's. You make it seem like a sneaky operation. We do let people come here and pick up parts you know. But that does not mean that we have to put a big sign and open a dealership in your honor....Sorry.... We have not ripped off enough people to afford that. Just kidding...And yes, Pahrump is a strange place.... alot of murders take place right here in this small town... hey...come on over.

I really wonder why you felt I was talking about you or your place and why you feel like a target of an innocent statement only expressing an opinion. Whoever you may be you have an absolute right to put up or not a sign, display fireworks or whatever you feel like doing. Paranoia ?
Strange... Your agressive attitude in defending the place I left unidentified and might not even be your place is indeed strange.
Murder ? Invitation to come over ? No thanks, there is enough unjustified aggressivity in this world without driving to Pahrump or anywhere else to be exposed to more.

ps. I do not have the slightest idea who ZS Imports may be and feel good that way.

Peace Man, the sun will rise again.

No Regrets (Nothing to do with Vanagons)
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Z+S Reply with quote

I now officially bury the hatchet. Vic called me this morning as amiable as he had always been,which is what brought me to him to begin with.
He listened to my concerns,apologized profusely ,asked what I wanted and gave it to me. We chatted for a minute or two, I sold him something he wanted and all is good.
He did want to know whom I had dealt with when the problem occurred. I had no idea. He settled it professionally and I am happy.

Stacy
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Z+S Reply with quote

No need to shut it down, sometimes it take sthis to get someone on the straight and narrow.

Stacy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: